Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatShi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
    Pregnant rat??
    I have 4 rats, 2 boys and 2 girls. I have the boys in 1 cage and the girls in another. 1 of the boys and 1 of the girls have markings that are exactly the same, the only difference is the ears (the boy is dumbo), so you have to look at them in the face to figure out which is which. Well on June 10th I realize my son had mixed the Dumbo Fancy Boy with the Dumbo girl! I am guessing they were switched for roughly 48 hours... is there anyway I can tell if my girls are pregnant? If they are pregnant should I separate them, they have been together since they were born, so I am not sure how they would do alone... I would hate to separate them and cause undue stress! So I guess there are a few questions in there!

I have had Gerbils, Guinea Pigs, and Hamsters but these 4 rats are my 1st and I was not planning on breeding them (I've had them for 6 months)... but I am prepared just in case because I know how easy they can reproduce.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Tell If My Rat Is Pregnant [ 20 Answers ]

I have 4 rats, three males, one female. All three males mated with my female on exactly May 28th, 2012. Now it is the 18th of June, and it has been 21 days and most websites I have been to for help say that the average female gives birth on the 21st to 23rd day. My rat seems to be slightly rounder,...

Second Rat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an eight month pet rat. She is incredibly affectionate and we spend a lot of time together. I have read that it is borderline unethical to keep a solitary rat. I have been considering getting her a rat friend. I am just concerned that it is too late and she wouldn't adjust to the...

Is my rat ill? [ 9 Answers ]

I was told by someone who had once owned rats that you could bathe your rats. I put my rat Lady Schloer in the water for about 20 seconds to let her get the feel. I dried her off and put her in her cage. She has a sloppy bit of poo on her bum. I was wondering, is she ill or is it maybe the fact...

Co-worker a rat? [ 29 Answers ]

For his own sake, I won't say his name, but he is a retired corrections officer, now working as a security officer with me. No, I'm not his boss, I'm just someone who works with him, he and I are more or less at the same level in terms of "authority" on the job. Any way, one day, I went on the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.