Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankitarora_2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2004, 11:52 PM
    Question on structures in Organic Chemistry!!
    3.52 mg of compound "A" reacts with red Phosphorous and Bromine to gine compound "B". Compound "B" on reaction with KCN fives "C" which on hydolysis gives "D". "D" is optically inactive. "D" on mild heating gives "E" & "F". "E" on further heating in presence of Soda Lime gived "F" & "G". Both "F" & "G" are gases and only "F" is soluble in NaOH. "F" evolved from "E" is passed through excess of NaOH solution (12 ml of 0.01 M) and resulting solution requires 8 ml of 0.01 M HCl to reach end point by using phenolpthalein as indicator. After attainment of equivalence point further 4 ml of 0.01 M HCl was added. Find out pH of resilting solution if Ka1 and Ka2 for carbonic acid are 4.45 X 10 (raise to power of -7) and 4.69 X 10 (raise to the power of -11) respectively.
    In another experiment compound "E" reacts with SOCl2 to give "H", which on reaction with Hydrogen, palladium in presence of Barium Sulphate gives "I". "I" in presence of dil. NaOH gives "J" which does not undergo easy dehydration on heating.

Find out the structure of A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J.
    tammudu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 05:29 AM
    Asking some structures please

Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2011, 08:30 AM

What do you mean? What is your question, tammudu? :confused:

Also, to anyone answering the thread, notice that the question is dated 14 Feb 2004 and need not an answer or explanation of any sort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organic Chemistry - Clemmensen reduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I REALLY REALLY need to know the mechanism for the Clemmensen Reduction of ketones/aldehydes using Zn(Hg) + HCl!? How do the electrons transfer to reduce ketones/aldehydes to alkanes? I have an exam soon! Your help will be much appreciated!

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil [ 2 Answers ]

It is suggested in Mark Trudeau's book to take a teaspoon of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil everyday for many health benefits. I know it is a saturated fat that I've always heard is NOT good to consume. My family physician has no information on this. Can anyone help me? Thank You!

Chemistry moles and mass question [ 3 Answers ]

this problem is kicking my butt cause we have multiple choice and I can't seem to get any of the posted answers... please help! A 0.0100-mol sample of urea, NH2CONH2, contains 4.82 x 1022 atoms. 4.82 x 1024 atoms. 6.02 x 1022 molecules. 4.82 x 1023 atoms. 6.02 x...

Chemistry Question [ 2 Answers ]

How do you develop a Time Clock used in an experiment when determining a rate of reaction?

Drawing chemical structures? [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you tell me how I go about drawing structures for chemicals. I'm presently doing physics and don't know anything about chemistry structures. I've been given the task to draw the structure for the following compound: Pyridinium, 4- ethenyl]-1-(sulfobutyl)-, inner salt. Any...

View more questions Search