Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 25, 2012, 07:59 AM
    ... and now for something completely different.
    Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies

Staff at the Galapagos National Park in Ecuador say Lonesome George, a giant tortoise believed to be the last of its subspecies, has died.

Scientists estimate he was about 100 years old.

Park officials said they would carry out a post-mortem to determine the cause of his death.

With no offspring and no known individuals from his subspecies left, Lonesome George became known as the rarest creature in the world.
    BBC News - Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies

Such a shame..
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 08:48 PM
    Recently in the past couple months I watched a program on the Animal Planet Channel about 'George', very interesting Ben. Sad that he didn't reproduce though.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 06:39 AM
    My wife has wanted us to go the Galapagos for some time now and ,for one reason or the other ,we have delayed the trip. She has pictures of a friend with Lonesome George ,when her friend visited the islands many years ago .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Well never mind Tom you can come and see me and have you photo taken, I am rapidly becoming the last of my species
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Nah there are plenty of curmudgeons on the planet.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 08:09 AM
    There are plenty of curmudgeons down the hall.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Yes I think some of them are speaking to me now
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2012, 06:09 AM
    Tom and I are fun guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm completely lost [ 10 Answers ]

Threads merged Okay so basically I have a crush on my best friend's "girlfriend", they're not really a couple actually, in the four months since he asked her to be his girlfriend they've never went on a single date and the only time they were anythig close to alone her best friend was there. So...

I am completely hopeless. [ 4 Answers ]

I can't seem to move forward with my life. In many ways I feel like I've never started. I don't know how to keep this short but I'll try. I am a 28 year old without a job. I have worked on an off since the age of 14, but can't seem to stick with anything. The more years that go by, the more...

Factor 4x^2 - 8x= completely [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to factor this problem completely because I have no idea of what Im doing here.

Completely lost [ 6 Answers ]

So... I've never been faced with a situation like this. I currently have a child with a woman who is leaving me for another man. I need to know what sort of rights I have as the father of this child when it comes to visitations/custody and what things I may be faced with in terms of child...

And now for something completely different [ 84 Answers ]

Yes that's right Boys and Girls, step right up and... Ask Me Anything The Rules Ask me anything you want that isn't to do with this site and I will answer in a style of my choosing. That's the rules done, now what are you waiting for? Ok I know it's on the wrong board, but this is...

View more questions Search