Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greendragonfly7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 02:45 AM
    Bedbug?
    Its really tiny, I've killed like 20 already, they're about the size of the tip of a mechanical pencil and they move quickly. In order to kill it I have to use my nails sort of like lice or fleas. But only one of them was bloody when I killed it. Ive Only spotted them on my bed and only at night. They're really tiny half light tan and blackish. Could I have spotted the early stages of a bed bug infestation?

Jun 25, 2012, 04:10 AM
    Turns out they are... Yay.
    I Am The Beast Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendragonfly7 View Post
    Its really tiny, ive killed like 20 already, they're about the size of the tip of a mechanical pencil and they move quickly. In order to kill it i have to use my nails sorta like lice or fleas. But only one of them was bloody when i killed it. Ive Only spotted them on my bed and only at night. They're really tiny half light tan and blackish. Could i have spotted the early stages of a bed bug infestation?
    They cannot bear 115 degree F for more then 7 minutes. They are resistant to many pesticides. They are not killed with freezing. They can live 2 to 18 months without food. They crawl and live in the smallest nooks you can imagine. Pyrethrin is effective I hear. Cover Seal the Mattress and Bed Springs, ensure frame has no nooks of them and place sticky guards under the legs. Make sure you wash in very hot water like 125 degrees should do it, watch out as they can be in clothes and shoes and will eat in the day, you do not feel them bite until a later on allergic reaction causes the itch.The V.A. home I was in several years back had them everywhere.

Jun 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am The Beast View Post
    They cannot bear 115 degree F for more then 7 minutes. They are resistant to many pesticides. They are not killed with freezing. They can live 2 to 18 months without food. They crawl and live in the smallest nooks you can imagine. Pyrethrin is effective I hear. Cover Seal the Mattress and Bed Springs, ensure frame has no nooks of them and place sticky guards under the legs. Make sure you wash in very hot water like 125 degrees should do it, watch out as they can be in clothes and shoes and will eat in the day, you do not feel them bite until a later on allergic reaction causes the itch.The V.A. home I was in several years back had them everywhere.
    Ohh I knew they couldn't resist heat but I didn't know they could live that long without feeding, thank you that's very helpful. I have a small hand steamer that I'm going to go around the entire house with, sadly we have carpet and I'm not sure if that'll do the job until someone comes to spray the house.
    I Am The Beast Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 05:23 AM
    They stay near the bed generally and act sort of like ants in that they leave chemical trails that lead them to food and back to shelter. Seal the box spring and mattress with plastic sheeting and duct tape or with covers for this task. Check bed frame or spray with pyrethrin every area surface on it and set the legs so that none can crawl onto it, as in have them each set on a pan with poison or glue in it to snag them before they can come on.
    I guess since the ban on DDT use they have increased in the USA by 500%. A type in New York is the kind that live only 2 months without food, otherwise temperature and other conditions effect this length. The New York strain seems to have grown use to eating more often.
    They are gross creatures that use traumatic insemination to propagate.They carry up to or over some 28 diseases they can host. Eggs are glued to the nest site. They often live in groups with eggs and hatch as well as the skins they molt growing and their feces. They are horrible and I wish you luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bedbug Damage [ 1 Answers ]

A friend lived in an apartment for 14 months. The apartment was a room in someone's residence, and it was one of four rooms. There was no printed/signed lease, only a verbal agreement. Over the course of the stay, it became apparent that bedbugs had been a problem before he moved in, and...

Is landlord responsible for treating bedbug infestation [ 3 Answers ]

The enants are experiening a severe infestation of bed bugs ` Is the landlord responsible for extermination costs and also for housing the tenants if need be during extermination.

Is landlord responsible for bedbug infestation in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Is the landlord responsible for bedbug infestation in California?

View more questions Search