Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnice1225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Ssdi/ssi
    My son receives ssi, I just won my ssdi case. He received 2 award letters, one saying his ssi will not be change and the other saying he will receive x amount for my ssdi. Could this be an error??
    GriffinValley Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
    I am in the last stages of my ssdi approval. Your son may have received the letter in error .I do know that if a parent received disability and passes away {my mother died when I was 12} the child is eligible to receive some or part of their parents award monies until they reach a certain age, 18 or 21 I believe .You probably will just have to ask your case worker.I have encountered many inconsistencies in the system so an error may be very likely.I hope this may have helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ssi and ssdi for income [ 2 Answers ]

My ex gets ssi and ssdi but the ssdi is only counted as income for child support is that correct?

Can you keep ssdi/ssi benefits you get married [ 2 Answers ]

Can you keep ssdi/ssi benefits you get married

Can You Receive SSI Every Month And Still Get SSDI? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am disabled and I receive an ssi check(623.00) a month.I have 4 kids. I worked some(not long) when I was a teenager.I am 26 years old and I was wondering if I qualify to receive SSDI.I need so much help with funds in this family.Two of my children have been diagnosed with a disability.One of...

Ssi and ssdi [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if a privet person sue you when you are on ssi and ssdi thank you

Ssi&ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know if you are on ssiand ssdi can some one sue you and to hold are checks thank you

View more questions Search