Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    claire1210 Posts: 5, Reputation: 5

Jun 24, 2012, 12:45 PM
    Do you think I could go out for high school cross country next year?
    I've always wanted to run cross country but haven't had time. This year I really want to have something to put on my college applications so I decided to do it. I can run five miles without a break on the treadmill at an incline. I usually stay around 5.5-6.5 miles an hour. I started running again about two weeks ago and will keep training the rest of the summer. I run every other day. I want to start running outside again but its been in the high 90's, low 100's even at night so it's way too hot. Do you think I should go out for it?
    ali18ninja Posts: 159, Reputation: 16

Jun 24, 2012, 05:05 PM
    I think you should definitely go for it. I ran cross country my sophomore year in high school with no "running" experience. I did run for fun sometimes but never for distance or in a group or anything. I had trouble keeping up at first because my body wasn't used to running distance. Eventually I got much better and kept up with some of the varsity. Longest run we ever had in practice was 8 miles. Usually it's 3 miles before school and 3-4 after unless it's some type of speed training. You'll do much better than I did especially since you are already running. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High school in new country! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi guys I hope that all of you fine I am a girl from Saudi Arabia, I'm 16 years old And I'm coming to Minnesota for high school I want to know how to make people accept me,, it will be a new environment And what are the things that I should do and that I shouldn't do ? And I need some...

I have a high school diploma from another country [ 1 Answers ]

I have high school diploma from morocco and I want to finish my studies in USA . I don't speak English very well . Can someone tell me what I have to do? please.

Is it possible to have strictly platonic cross-sex friendships in high school? [ 1 Answers ]

Main reason I ask is because for every single one of my close female friends, at some point I have felt a sexual urge toward them. These feelings have never lasted long term, its just sporadic moments when they do something cute or they look a certain way and I get this urge... I never actually act...

Is it OK to join another high school in a different country when still in High School [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I am a Ugadan who I badly wants to leave the school am in and go to another country and get on with my studies. My parents are willing to pay any amount of money to make sure I go.Is it possible to join another High School outside my country even though I am not done with High school. If...

Is a high school diploma from another country valid here in the U.S? [ 4 Answers ]

Is a High school diploma from a different country valid here in the U.S? Can someone please let me know, I was born here in California but when I was fourteen y/o my parents decided to move to Mexico and I finished high school over there and decided to come back for College. But I need to know...

View more questions Search