Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spottedcow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Gurgling sound from tub after flushing toilet
    For the last few weeks, there has been a gurgling sound coming from the bathtub after I flush the toilet. My house is only 1 year old. Nothing has come up from the bathtub, but the sound is there after every flush. Why is this happening? Is this a problem to be concerned with? Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 28, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Gurgles in a trap indicate a blocked or partially blocked vent, as a rule the lavatory vent. This vent could be iced up due to freezing weather or a critter that got in there and died. Have it checked and if needed snaked out. Good luck, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I agree completely with tom's response. I would like to add to it. In many newer homes they are not installing vents through the roof [vtr], but are using air admittance valves from studor and oatey. These sometimes do not work well with a shallow trap toilet. Peek under the vanity in that bathroom and see if an apparatus is connected on the drain above the drain piping.
    spottedcow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Thank you both for your responses. I will use your advice to look into this and hopefully fix the problem! Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub Gurgles When Flushing Toilet [ 16 Answers ]

Please Help!! My wife and I recently purchase our firt home (a condo actually). We are on the top floor (4 floors). Since moving in our tub drain has gurgled when we flush our toilet. We have notified our strata management compnay who have tried to both snake the stack vent on the roof as well...

Loud moaning sound in pipes after flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I flush my toilet there is a very loud moaning, like a tuba sound, that comes from the pipes. It can make this sound for quite awhile after the toilet has finished flushing and has become filled. It is so loud it rattles the wall. What can I do to stop this?

Loud vibrating sound after flushing toilet, using wash basin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The townhome I am living in is just 5 years old. From the last one and a half months, in the master bedroom toilet, we have been hearing loud vibrating sound after we flush the toilet or even after we use the counter top. Initially, about a month back, we would hear this sound only once...

Gurgling toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever anyone flushes my second floor bathroom toilet, I have gurgling in the bathtub in the same bathroom, and also have that same gurgling in the kitchen sink (1st floor). I am on a septic system. When the septic tank is first pumped, no gurgling until about a week later. I am guessing that...

Gurgling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a lift pump in the basement. Whenever the washer empties, our upstairs toilet Gurgles up a lot. We've had the septic taken care of and pipes in the basement replaced and it still does this. The vent pipes were supposedly taken care of too. We are stumped. Any help would be...

View more questions Search