Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spritegirl68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Who is covered
    My mom had renters insurance, t he policy was in her name but we were both on the lease. Very bad fire my mom passed away due to fire. Am I able to collect the money for my belongings even though the money has to be put in the estate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Did you make a separae claim as the property of another in the home. That should have been paid to you.

But it is correct, since the policy was in her name ( not her and yours) the payment for her property loss is paid to the estate. If your property was also listed as hers ( slight fraud perhaps) then you will have to deal with the estate ** who is over it** and make a claim to them for damages.

*** I am sorry for your loss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I really covered? [ 2 Answers ]

I take lo seasonquie. I've been on it about two weeks. I take is the same time everyday give or take a few minutes. I'm I really covered from pregnancy if I have unprotected sex with my husband?

Vagina too covered [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 16, a virgin, and have a regular menstrual cycle, but my vagina opening is so covered by skin that blood flow can be slightly painful and very slow. Is this normal?

Building a covered deck above a covered front porch [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to improve the curb appeal and usefulness of our hangar home. We are planning to have a deck built above the covered front porch, and will replace the double windows (the set on the left on the 2nd floor in the front view) with French doors. Because this faces south and we are in...

Covered patio [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind...

What is it, and why is it covered? [ 28 Answers ]

For the past couple of years now of walking my dog around the neighborhood, I can't help but wonder what is this upside down U-shaped tube thing in everybody's yard. It is wrapped sometimes with what looks like a black garbage bag and some are wrapped with a thick tape. What is this thing?...

View more questions Search