Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtpunch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Is it safe to drill holes in the side of my fridge?
    Hi,

I'm putting some beer taps on my fridge, and was wondering if it will be safe to put them on the side of the fridge. I've modified a fridge like this before by going through the door, but if there are no cooling pipes etc. in the side I'd rather go through there as it's stronger than the door.

Here's the fridge: FRU17B2JW Frigidaire 16.7 Cu. Ft. Large Upright All Refrigerator with 5 Door Bins: 4 Wire Shelves

Is there any way to tell if the side is just insulation?

Thanks in advance.
    xx_mandie_moo_x Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Sure if you don't want your fridge to work anymore! Lol ;)
    gtpunch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Obviously I do still want it to work, and I drilled a single hole in the side of my last one, but I've never been able to verify whether some fridges have cooling pipes in the side walls or if that's just a superstition...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Drill holes in shell [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best, most efficitent, cheapest way to drill a holes in shells. I have lots of shells that need to get small holes drilled in them, but it seems that shells are very hard and it takes an incredibly long time. I have used a hand drill with an ordinary drill bit and it worked OK but took...

Kitchenaid KSCS25INSS00 Side-by-Side Fridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this fridge for 1 year. This fridge operated very quietly until about the 5th month when I began hearing a humming sound coming from the fridge. The noise seems to have something to do with the freezer. When I turn up the temperature from 0F (recommended) to 5F, freezer cycles off and...

View more questions Search