Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jun 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Installing mixit shower valve
    I am replacing some mixit style shower valves. Found the right valves via Amazon, but the directions are skimpy.

When installing these should I use plumbing compound or grease on the treads? The directions don't say, but I recall reading that it should be used on threads. These are in the wall so I want to be sure I don't have a hidden leak.

Thanks,
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Hi Walt

Presolder all threaded fittings, let them cool and then use PIPE DOPE on the threads prior to installing them into the valve body or any fittings.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a early 90's Kohler shower valve and rounded out the cold stem valve seat. [ 2 Answers ]

Should I drill then retap the threads? Thanks!

No Hot Water After Installing New Shower Valve [ 7 Answers ]

My firend just bought a older home and wanted his bathroom redone. After gutting the bath, removing the old shower valves, replacing it with a Price Pfister single valve I noticed when checking for leaks that when I turned on the shut off valves to the shower that the entire house lost it's hot...

Installing a single handle shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower valve (new construction) using PEX tubing, the tubing won't support the valve and the valve has no mounting tabs. What is the best way to anchor the valve body?

View more questions Search