Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Swimmer puppy?
    My foster dog just had a litter of puppies and one seems to have a defect. I've read up on swimmers, but I'm not sure if this totally fits the puppy in question. The litter is 4wks old and all of the others are up walking around, trying to eat puppy food, and just being puppies. She still scoots with just her front and try as she might, she can't pull her back end off the ground. She seems flat, like the swimmers, but her front legs don't bow out or anything. I also saw a puppy with inverted feet and it seems that she may have something like that too. I'm not sure what to do with her. Other than her not being able to walk, she seems like an otherwise healthy happy puppy. I just know that if I don't get this taken care of soon it could cause her long term (if she survives) problems. Any help on the subject would be great!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I am no help on that, and doubt any of the others active here now will be. You may as well do your own web search as let somebody here no more able to evaluate what they find than you. In the past, I have seen links posted to some terrible websites. Have you done a search at American Veterinary Medical Association I trust them.

Since you mentioned foster, I will skip my spay/neuter lecture. I am hoping you are instead part of the solution. I try to discourage irresponsible breeding as much as I can, both here and other sites.
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Thanks... I'll check it out. I talked to the vet and they said they've never seen anything like this, so I'm not sure how much help they really are figured I'd try here and see what I got.
    And just so you can sleep at night... she will be getting spayed as soon as she can-and then hopefully we can work on finding her a happy new home! Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When can I get another puppy after my puppy died of parvo? [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a puppy. 5 days later she was very sick and after taking her to the vet hospital we found out she had parvo. We did everything possible to help her get better but after 5 days of 24 hour treatment we had to put her to sleep. We've now learned that she contacted the...

Puppy [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a 5 week old beagle puppy last night and she will not eat the puppy food what can I do to help her eat?

Help My Puppy! [ 5 Answers ]

I adopted a 14 week old puppy about 2 weeks ago. He was fine until about a couple days ago I noticed his front legs bend inward. I thought it was normal at first because of his crossbreeds between a boxer and german shepherd. But as I watched him walk and play I was concerned. You know how a normal...

My Puppy [ 3 Answers ]

:) Okay my three year old dog just had puppies and she had seven of them six of the puppies have there eyes open but the other puppy does not have it eyes open yet and I am worried about it is there some way I can open it or put something on it to make it open. They were born October. 3 2006....

When is a puppy not a puppy anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Our Lhasa is now 10 months old. As a puppy we have had food available pretty much at all times, but maybe he's getting past that now, and for his weight should maybe only be fed about a cup to a cup and a half of his dog meal a day. We have been using Wysong, by the way, and it seems to have a...

View more questions Search