Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brichter1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
    AC problems/ house still not cooling
    Recently had new unit installed and lines ran. The air coming out of the ducts is cold but house still isn't cooling off temp set at 71 with temps as high as 88. Some ducts do not blow hard at all and someone covered one up when they laid a new floor in master bath before we moved in. What could be wrong?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brichter1 View Post
    Recently had new unit installed and lines ran. The air coming out of the ducts is cold but house still isn't cooling off temp set at 71 with temps as high as 88. Some ducts do not blow hard at all and someone covered one up when they laid a new floor in master bath before we moved in. What could be wrong?
    If it was just installed there is a warranty... call the people that did the work back and make them fix it..
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Jun 22, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Agreed, crappy ductwork, leaking ducts off the boots, flex doing loop - d - loops all over

Blower motor tapped too slow

Could be a 100 things or combination thereof

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My air conditioning is not cooling the house. 98 degrees in house. What's wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioning is not cooling the house. 98 degrees in house.

Ac not cooling house [ 2 Answers ]

RUUD mod number urma-a024jk08e not cooling house. Condensing fan want start turning on its own, but will run if I get it started. Blows cool but not cold air. Not sure if transformer could be the cause or if something else. I need to know what voltages I should have on the transformer and the cap...

AC not cooling my house [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone help. The AC unit for my residence is not cooling the house. I have the unit set at 70F and the temperature gradually increases during the day to about 80F. It remains at 80F most of the night with the AC running non stop. What is the problem?

AC not cooling house [ 4 Answers ]

My central AC unit has stopped keeping the house cool. I checked the filter and it is clean. The outside part of the system is also functioning. I did notice that there was some water building up on the floor around the bottom of the system. Also, the insulated copper tube appears to be...

View more questions Search