Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtipp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Maytag gas dryer flame on 10 sec per 1 minute.
    I have a Maytag gas dryer, model number DG9800.
    When turned on the tumbler will rotate, the flame will ignite for about ten seconds, go out for a minute, then reignite. The high limit thermostat is what opens and closes the gas valve.
    The vent line is clear.
    It takes a LONG time to dry a load of laundry in this condition.
    All other electrical components in that portion of the circuit seem fine. The ingniter glows, the radiant sensor opens to allow the gas valve to open, the valve coils have an ohm value, the cycling thermostat is closed. I have replaced the high limit thermostat, the same condition persists.
    The flame has a lot of yellow in it and is very ragged. I can adjust slightly the amount of yellow in the flame by adjusting the air inlet at the base of the burner, the burn time can be varied between 7 to 12 seconds in this manner (instead of the usual ten).
    When I jumper out the high limit thermostat, the dryer runs normally. All that is left as far as I can see is the valve itself. Does the gas valve also serve as a pressure regulating device?
    Any other ideas?
    stone5150 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 09:13 PM
    >When I jumper out the high limit thermostat, the dryer runs normally<

Replace the high limit thermstat then.
    mtipp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mtipp
    I have replaced the high limit thermostat, the same condition persists.
    When the high limit is removed from the area of the flame, but still left in the circuit, it runs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Gas Dryer LDG8414AAE [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Gas Dryer Model LDG8414AAE - I don't know the age.. . Maybe 8-10 years old. It just stopped heating (tumbles fine, no noises, good air flow). It is not overused or abused. Where do I begin to check this baby out?

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer Flame Not Present [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer MOD: MDG3000AWW, S/N: 13282488UU, does not dry on either heat setting (normal; perm press). Thanks to earlier discussions on this site, I learned to check the igniter, which I've found does not glow. What should I do next? Never mind - I pulled the igniter out and...

Maytag Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the usual reason why a 1996 Maytag gas dryer doesn't heat properly. It seems to finally start getting warmer near the end of a long long cycle on Regualr heat, timed drying (or any of the other cycle choices)

Squealing Maytag MDG3500 Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 2000 Maytag MDG3500BWW Dryer (purchased new in 2001) Over last two weeks, noticed a squealing squeeking noise after startup, subsiding after 5 minutes, then intermittently getting noisey through drying cycle. With each dryer session, the noise gets worse till it is squeeking through whole...

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

View more questions Search