Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Feb 28, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Removing felt tip pen from skin?
    Hi everyone, can anyone help? I have a four year old son and this morning he came into my bedroom roaring like a tiger. When I opened my eyes, he was very excited to show me the tiger stripes he and his five year old sister had drawn all over him! Purple black and orange, in felt tip pen! I put him in the bath and managed to get the black and orange off, but the purple barely faded, and I was making his skin sore and red from scrubbing him! It is all over him (thankfully not his face, that was in orange and black so came off) but he has even coloured in his willy! How can I get it off without hurting him?
    Question_master Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Did you take pictures? That's too funny! The easiest and most quick way to remove permanent ink from skin is with a spray on, mist-style sunscreen. Just spray it on the spot to be removed and then take a dry cloth or paper towel and wipe it away. (If it is not removed completely the first time, repeat and all will be well. )

Feb 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Thank you! I hadn't thought of that, will go buy some tomorrow morning! And yes I did take pictures, though I made him put pants on first! Can't wait to show them to his girfriend when he is older!
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Mar 1, 2007, 04:46 AM
    This is a good way to start the morning... I just had to smile when I read this!

Good luck de-striping your little tiger! LOL!
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Mar 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
    If all else fails try a little rubbing alcohol. It'll be cold but just tell him that its magic.

He's too cute!

Mar 5, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Thanks everyone, I managed to get most of it off eventually, thanks to all your advice! His belly button is still purple though!

Thanks again,
    sirz89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Hi my 2 year old daughter has just got hold of felt tip pens why I was doing dinner and she came into me with it all over her legs hands arms and bottom of feet how do I take it off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are...

Valentines tip! [ 16 Answers ]

Communication is KING!! So today is valentines day. Big day for couples. Guys: Women use this day to reflect on their relationship and figure out where it stands. You better be in good standing! Women are evaluting the relationship - seriously - almost should I stay or should I go? Write...

Shaving tip [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l have advised that shaving will help hair to grow more, and l want to get a goatee. L am struggling to get rid of the hair on the side of the mouth which makes a line coming down to make a proper goatee. So can you advise me on how to shave it off proper with blade? Also how many months...

View more questions Search