Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmartin015 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Kitchen Vent question
    I want to move my sink in my kitchen to an adjacent wall, can I run the vent just to the top of my 1st story roof? Is there a height requirement? I live in Hawaii.
    Thanks
    Celer Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 05:08 AM
    I don't know what plumbing codes are where you are but you can close the vent off if there is no other fixture tied into the vent. Move your sink then add a cpvc air vent that sits under sink, it ties off the p-trap. That's one way to do it.
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Jun 29, 2012, 07:23 AM
    If I understand your question correctly, it sounds like your roof has two levels and you want to know if you can run the vent pipe out through the first story roof. You should be able to do that. But like Celer said, seal up the old vent and go to your town hall and ask about local building codes. Depending on the municipality, they may require you to place the new vent pipe a certain distance from windows.
    jmartin015 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Well, I have used the old vent. Plus, put in a syphon vent above the drain under the sink.
    So I have a drain in new location w/cpvc vent and a 2" pipe that runs about 3.5 ft to 90 degree bend, then runs until it hits main (original vent) at about 18 inches and on to original drain in floor another 12 inches. All at a 1/4" per foot grade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vent on the kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install a vent on a kitchen sink the sink is already installed

Kitchen sink vent [ 3 Answers ]

I have moved my kitchen sink 7 feet from it's original position. My question is if it's all right to leave the sink roof vent where it is which is now 7 feet up stream from the sink. Thank you

Kitchen sink relocation- Drain and vent question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to relocate the sink to the opposite wall. This is about 10' from the current location. Can I just extend the drain pipe under the floor from old to the new location ? I am not quite sure if there other code requirements. I think a slope of 1/4 per foot is one requirement. Thanks,...

Kitchen Sink Vent [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a new roof put on my house and during the installation, they broke a vent pipe and then put roofing shingles over it. I didn't know what this vent was until I was told by a friend that is was the kitchen sink vent. What are the consequences of this vent pipe now "roofed" over and...

Kitchen sink vent [ 1 Answers ]

I have moved into an apartment where the kitchen sink was put in as an afterthought and as such was not vented in any way. Is there a way to simply tee off from the drain and run a short stretch of PVC under the basin of the sink and up to above the level of the drain in order to vent the drain? I...

View more questions Search