Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    overweightnerd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I want to be healthy!
    I am 15 years old About to turn 16. I have struggled with weight my whole life. I currently weigh between 215-220. For me weight is a big deal. I excersise at a local gym but just can't seem to find a diet that will work for me! I would really like to loose weight in a healthy way. Please help.:confused:
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Feb 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
    The very best way to lose weight, is plenty of exercise, drink lots of water (it fills you up!) and eat a sensible balanced diet every day. Try to eat your 5 a day fruit and veg, again it fills you up without lots of calories. Faddy diets don't work, at least in the long term, its more about changing your food lifestyle long term. Good luck.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by overweightnerd
    I am 15 years old About to turn 16. i have struggled with weight my whole life. I currently weigh between 215-220. For me weight is a big deal.! I excersise at a local gym but just can't seem to find a diet that will work for me! i would really like to loose weight in a healthy way. please help.:confused:
    You need to try a healthy and steady weight loss, slowly burning body fat levels results in a permanent weight control for years limiting weight regain. The best way to do this is to look at what your eating and rethink it. First off avoid any processed foods, deep fried foods, white flour products, sugar and sugar drinks, like sweetened juice and colas. Any thing that has high fuctose corn syrup in it for instance. Anything with more than 10 grams of sugar will hinder weight loss. No fast foods, no sweets, like cakes cookies, ice cream, chips or high salt items. Instead chose a natural, low fat, low calorie, approach, use wheat pastas, rice or breads. Eat a lot of veggies, steamed or stir fry, or cooked in very little water not to the mushy point. Instead of candy, eat fruit, nuts, but even with nuts the portion size is really only an ounce, which is about a handful, yogurt (check the sugar amounts) instead. Read the nutritional labels on the foods you eat and go by what they say is 1 serving, and then don't go back for seconds, it might take a little getting use to but it's worth it. Dairy products choose low fat, low sodium cheese, or 1-2% milk products. Watch the meat you eat try to eat only lean cuts, or chicken without skin, turkey, fish, any "loin" type meat is good, and bake or broil using canola or olive oil if possible. Use spreads or cooking sprays instead of buter or margarine. Smaller portions are the key, meats should really be about 3oz which is about the size of a open palm. If you're a sandwich eater, use wheat bread, but load the lettuce, tomatoes, avacados, sprouts anything you like and be careful about the spreads you use, regular mayo is not good, go for the less calories, less fat choices. Milk, cheese and yogurt increases fat breakdown in fat cells so you need 3-4 servings per day. Fat burning foods are foods that burn more calories than the calorie content of the food itself, like fruits and veggies--if you eat these and exercise it will boost your metabolism and burn these calories for several hours even after exercise. Drink lots of water especially before meals. And the final piece of advice is exercise you say you do so that's great, at least 4-5 days a weeks 30-60 minutes each, try aerobics, weights, walking, running. You need to reduce your calories and exercise, it goes hand in hand. Hope this helps you.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this relationship healthy for me? [ 6 Answers ]

I have known my boyfriend for quite sometime, and about 8 months ago we started dating. We moved in with each other a few months ago, and about a month ago he asked me to marry him and I immediately said yes. Unfortunately things are compiling and now I am starting to question if it is the healthy...

Is this healthy? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now, and I love him and his family, and I don't know what I'd do without them. But, I think I've fallen out of love with him. The thing is we don't really get along all that much, and we don't share much in common. I like spending time with him, and...

Is this healthy? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I, (we're both women) met this other female couple 11 months ago. Because my wife and I were having problems with our relationship, we sought out a therapist. The therapist advised us that this particular friendship may not be healthy for us at the time due to many issues that came...

Is this relationship healthy? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 14 month old daughter. I work full time as a therapist. During my time at work my mother cares for my daughter half-the-week and my mother-in-law the other half. They both watch my daughter in our home. I very much want my daughter to have a good relationship with both sets...

View more questions Search