Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonny1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
    I want to be adopted
    Im 13 years old and looking for answers. I just want to be a normal girl and do things that I can't do now. My
    Mom passed away about 2 years ago, and I just want to feel loved and like I belong. My family treats me horribly. My brothers life long goal is to ruin my life by constantly spreading rhumors about me that are not true. I can never have friends over because he always starts something and they leave. I have talked to my dad many times about this and I even have gone up to him just crying and asking him to do something. He always turns it around and blames me. I am constantly being teased by everyone in my family and I always end up alone crying in my room. I'm weird in that all I care about is what other people think about me. I just want to be a normal teenage girl with a normal family. I want to be adopted by someone else so I can be just a little normal. I lost many friends when my mom passed because our parents were friends, and now that she's gone, I never see them. I am currently in horseback riding, chheer, and band, I want to keep doing these activities and take my horse career further. If there's anyoe who can help me, I am very appreciative. I feel that if I have a normal family,as in 2 parents, others will like me more, and I will fit in. is there any way I can basically adopt myself out?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2012, 01:36 PM
    First forget adoption, its not going to happen. Families want babies or younger kids, not 13 yr olds who can't get along with their family.Sorry if that sounds harsh, but its true.

What you need to do is talk to someone at school or your church (if you go). You need to get someone to intercede on your behalf with your father so he puts a stop to your brother's teasing (if indeed it isn't your fault). If it comes to that you need to get cps to investigate your home situation. If it is very bad, they might remove you to foster care, but that's not going to be the "normal" home life you are looking for.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Honey... adoption doesn't work that way.

There are literally THOUSANDS of teenagers in the foster care system right now hoping to be adopted. They don't even have the ONE parent that you do.

People hoping to adopt generally want an infant, not a teenager that comes with baggage.

And I had both parents at 13, and I STILL didn't feel like I fit in, or that people liked me, or that I was normal. It turns out I actually WAS normal... everyone feels the way you do. Honestly!

What you SHOULD do is go talk to your school's guidance counselor about what's going on with you. They may be able to help intervene with your family and help you cope with your feelings.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Your family is still grieving, everyone in his/her own way.

You need to speak to a counsellor.

Personally, I'd like to be adopted by a family that has horses. I don't think it's going to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

For someone else to adopted [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter dad has not paid child support or seen her in 12 yrs, now we have someone in our life that would love to be dad on papers. So how can we do it for free,I have sole custody because we weren't married and he isn't on the birth certificate,but he has signed a affid. Say she was his when...

Adopted or not? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't look like anyone in my family and I have always had this feeling that my family has been keeping things from me. I also have areas of my life that don't make sense. I'm 34 and these questions have been weighing heavy on my heart lately. I would welcome any suggestions on where to go from...

View more questions Search