Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waterxangel Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 10:08 AM
    How to get more work
    I'm currently a student assistant a big company, however I find myself very bored and needing work to do constantly. I ask my supervisor for work who tells someone else to give me work but they always end up just giving me a few things to scan and tell me to just e-mail them when I need more work and not talk to my supervisor. I also ask my other supervisors for work but they usually say that they don't need help or they have things that I can work on in the future. How do I get more work to do without being in the way or getting anyone in trouble. Please help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waterxangel View Post
    I'm currently a student assistant a big company, however I find myself very bored and needing work to do constantly. I ask my supervisor for work who tells someone else to give me work but they always end up just giving me a few things to scan and tell me to just e-mail them when I need more work and not talk to my supervisor. I also ask my other supervisors for work but they usually say that they don't need help or they have things that I can work on in the future. How do I get more work to do without being in the way or getting anyone in trouble. Please help.
    Get a second job...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
    How old are you? HS or college? What kind of company? How did you get the internship?

If I had absolutely nothing to do, I might do a floor plan of offices/desks and plot the flow of people for an hour 3 times a day. There are people who specialize in this to maximize efficiency.

I'd draw some ideas for company logos and hang them on the wall, even if they have one.
    I'd invent some mottos.
    Go around making a birthday list.
    Ask everyone their top 3 movies of all time and print it out and hang it over the water cooler.
    Do lunch runs and coffee runs, be a gopher.
    If there is something YOU are good at, tell people, and ask if you can apply it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
    To add to joy's list, read up on the company and figure out how it works -- and how it could improve regarding customer service, operations, IT, etc. Also figure out what it is doing well.

Make a flowchart noting the workflow.

Identify similar companies. Compare and contrast their good and bad points with this company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda accord won't shift, gauge cluster won't work, power windows won't work? [ 0 Answers ]

Please someone help me, single parent, don't have money to take to diagnostic center,92 honda accord ex,gear shift,gauge cluster and power windows won't work.. can anyone tell me what's wrong.if you can help please do so,then I can find out how much the parts cost, then hopefully an honest person,...

Registration in the state work force office. Job Application for work in Ireland . [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, My job intermediary company recommended that I contact you and seek assistance regarding the Personal work force registration number as well as the preparation of the other requirements such as Cover letter, CV European format and Work permit Form. It is compulsory for my job...

Legalities of neighbors to turn my water off to work in their home/cut walls to work? [ 9 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbor moved in 2 years ago. It seems like they don't realize we live in a 2 story condo not a custom home. One top another bottom. There are other questions I wish to ask as well. But first the male occupant is a handy man and has been doing lots of modifications to his home since...

View more questions Search