Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fortnera87 Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Master Cylinder with ABS Questionn
    I have a question, I have a 1997 Hyundai Accent GS with power brakes and I need to replace the master cylinder. I'm not sure if my car is equipped with ABS or not, I was wondering if I could install a master cylinder with ABS on my car if my car doesn't have ABS on it? Or would I have to just buy a master cylinder that does not have ABS on it?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Don't know much on Hyundia's, but I can give you a professional opinion. You need to know in order to get the right part. I say no, you can't do what you're thinking.
    How about looking at the dash lights when the key is turned on, ((ABS)), or look under the hood for a large box with a bunch of brake lines going to it? Or, pull a front wheel off and look at the back of the front hub for a wire going to it. That's an ABS wheel speed sensor. A few clues to let you know if you have ABS or not.

Regards.
    fortnera87 Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Well, there is a ABS light on my Dash when I turn the key is goes on but I don't have any fuses in the ABS slot on the fuse box so I don't think it works.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Well if that ABS light comes on when the key is turned to on, and then goes off when the engine is started, you have a working ABS system. That tells me it went through a self check/bulb check, and all is OK.
    Now, let us know why you need a new master cyl. Maybe I can put some of my 25 yrs of auto experience to work for you. :):

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing glued ABS fitting to ABS piping [ 5 Answers ]

I glued an ABS toilet flange to ab ABS pipe roughing. The fitting did not go down all the way and is 1/2" proud of the tile flooring. I now want to remove the fitting and replace with a new fitting. How do I do it without damaging the receiving pipe. Pipe is in concrete floor. Thanks, Bob

94 civic clutch master and slave cylinder replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 94 civic ex 1.6 liter , and I need to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder. If anyone knows the proper way to do this and the location of the slave cylinder please let me know...

1993 accord cluch master cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change a culch master cylinder on a 93 accord

View more questions Search