Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NakiB21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 04:55 AM
    My husband doesn't want us to move from his mothers house
    My husband is being very ridiculous about finding apartments. He wants to stay at his mothers until he's saved at least 5K to move out. So far he's blowing his money on silly things off eBay, buying beer and buying useless auto parts. He asked me to marry him while we were still in college and it seems like he doesn't want to grow the balls and get out of his mothers. I recently graduated college but I'm still working at the same place finding a career. He on the other hand makes a very good salary but pays $800 a month to his mother to a $1200 monthly rent. The living situation sucks, his mother is in her early 50's with a husband who is 60 and children under the age of 10. Yes, she had her last two children in her late 40s and they're extremely bad and aggravating. I can't have anything without them touching it and every time I try to discipline them the parents get angry and my husband tells me that I have no say. I just feel like I'm stuck in a rut. My husband doesn't want to move and we're not in a good living arrangement. We have a small bedroom with one small closet and its cluttered and crowded. He's not being realistic and I'm on the verge of calling it quits. Luckily, we don't have any children but this is only a very small issue. We NEED a place.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 05:11 AM
    It may be a sign of things to come.

Most likely the best thing after marrying him, would have been for the two of you to find your own way. But, for some reason you moved into his mother's home.

To me it is a stretch in the first place, to be mature enough to marry, yet not mature enough to live independently.

It is probably a good idea now, to set some expectations, including a date when you will both move. First and last shouldn't cost $5,000.00. You are both working, and what he is paying now, could easily pay rent somewhere else.

If he's digging in his heals with excuses that don't hold water, and is refusing to move, or set a date to move, the only other reason for him wanting to stay where he is, is he cannot cut the apron strings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend let her ex-husband move back in the house. [ 7 Answers ]

My girl friend and I have been together for 15 months. We were both married when we first meet and we both were divorced in the last year. We have a loving, caring very intimate relationship. She has three children, two in college and one 13 year old at home. I also have two grown children....

Unwed Mothers right to move out of State (unborn child) [ 3 Answers ]

What rights does a mother have to move out of state for her unborn child? It would be from California to Maryland. Paternity has not been proven. Thank you

I want to move out of my parents house but my husband doesn't [ 5 Answers ]

Yes as you read... I want to move out of my parents house.. I never liked living with my parents.. they were good parents but for some reason I never liked living with them.. any way I got married and I have three kids 5,4, and a 2year old. About 2 yrs ago we moved in with my mother to help with...

My husband refuses to move out of my house during the divorce, change locks? [ 5 Answers ]

Im trying to divorce my husband, He refuses to move, I am the sole titleholder of my house, purchased 6 years before the marriage. Ive provided documents and affadavits re: my assets, which is mainly my house. He is alleging that I have other assets I haven't disclosed (not true) because he is...

Can a mentally handicapped child move out of grandparents to her mothers [ 5 Answers ]

My step daughter had runaway and I found her well when I found her she said she wanted to live with me her step dad which is me and her real mother which we live in a 2 bedroom only 7 minutes away from where she lives now well the thing is I got arrested for interferring with child custody and when...

View more questions Search