Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annarod29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Adult probation
    Is an adult probation officer allowed to make a parent leave on an intake on a 17 year old in Texas?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Hello A:

Do you mean can the PO ask a parent to leave his own house while the PO is busting his son?? Sure, but he doesn't have to leave.. I wouldn't.

Or, do you mean something else. I can't tell. I've been arrested before.. I've never been "intaken".

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
    If the 17 year old was on adult probation and was tried in court as an adult, Yes, the person on probation and their attorney can be present. Unless the 17 year old is not mentally capable, he should be able to understand and have paper work to show.

If he is on Juv probation, the system is different.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Intake in he probation world is one of two things ( at least in my part of it) at the court house or on the first visit, the person does a intake paper work, to put them on probation and some of the requirements are given out.

The other intake is when they are arrested for violation of probation and the officer does a intake when they put them back into jail
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The other intake is when they are arrested for violation of probation and the officer does a intake when they put them back into jail
    Hello Padre:

Put up your hands! Your under intake...

excon
    Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Padre:

Put up your hands! Your under intake...

excon

Sorry that was the name on the form. I think it was because they were being put back into the "system" so it was a intake form. But after they were arrested the PO wold meet with them in jail to do the paper work. But don't see dad sitting in his cell.
    Annarod29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello A:

Do you mean can the PO ask a parent to leave his own house while the PO is busting his son??? Sure, but he doesn't have to leave.. I wouldn't.

Or, do you mean something else. I can't tell. I've been arrested before.. I've never been "intaken".

excon
    No imean when he does his first probation intake paperwork, he got out court and she said I had to leave. I wanted to be there to make sure he understands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airlines and adult probation and parole [ 5 Answers ]

I've had a trip planned out of state since before I was put on probation.. my probation is for a misdeamor.. would my po be able to know if I flew commercially

I have a friend who is on adult probation [ 5 Answers ]

If you are on adult probation and you move without telling your parole officer what can happen? My friend is on adult probation and right now he is using his parents address but is not living with them. Could the parents get in trouble to for this? Also he has been going out past curfew to places...

Release from adult probation in Louisiana [ 2 Answers ]

When you get released from adult probation (in Louisiana) are all conditions of that probation done away with are do you still have to meet those conditions ( church attendance, community service and so on)

I need information about adult probation [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how I can transfer probation to a different county? I need to know how I can file a complaint about a probation officer?

Adult probation [ 3 Answers ]

If I missed my probation appointment due to my doctors appointment running late! What will happen? I even have a note from doctor stating I was there! Do I have 24 hours to report before being violated?

View more questions Search