Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odin68w Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
    How do I get this girl off my mind?
    Moved to its own question

It's been hard not to contact her, but in the long run it will payout. Even though we only dated for about 7 months I fell deeply in love with her and I'm the one who broke it off. After moving in with her and her kids, it really hit the fan, and we were constantly fighting. One note, she is one of those girls who is very hard to read, and never gave any signs that she wanted to work things out. After the break up we talked on occasion and sometimes for hours at a time, and one day I had a gut feeling that something bad or something bad was going to happen, (something bad did happen to one of my family members) I blew up her phone and after that she stated that I needed to leave her alone or she was going to take action. I respected her for a couple weeks but I ended up texting her once and emailed her once and no reply. When someone states that they don't want you, it hurts really bad, but reading all these posts have really opened my eyes to just give her space and let her miss you. I know she cares and loves me, but I need to respect her wishes and just let things be and move on and control the things in my life that's attainable within my grasp. The power of losing control can be very frightening but anything is achievable with time and patience.

I had stated that I really wanted to work things out with her after we broke up and I moved into my new place, and she had stated that she was trying to work things out, but how was I supposed to know she was on the same boat if she didn't give me any signs? I really don't get it. So I've decided to just let her be, and just concentrate on myself. Any suggestions? Clueless here. I am not the one to chase girls but I want to marry this woman. HELP!!
    mickie242 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odin68w View Post
    Moved to its own question

It’s been hard not to contact her, but in the long run it will payout. Even though we only dated for about 7 months I fell deeply in love with her and I’m the one who broke it off. After moving in with her and her kids, it really hit the fan, and we were constantly fighting. One note, she is one of those girls who is very hard to read, and never gave any signs that she wanted to work things out. After the break up we talked on occasion and sometimes for hours at a time, and one day I had a gut feeling that something bad or something bad was going to happen, (something bad did happen to one of my family members) I blew up her phone and after that she stated that I needed to leave her alone or she was going to take action. I respected her for a couple weeks but I ended up texting her once and emailed her once and no reply back. When someone states that they don’t want you, it hurts really bad, but reading all these posts have really opened my eyes to just give her space and let her miss you. I know she cares and loves me, but I need to respect her wishes and just let things be and move on and control the things in my life that’s attainable within my grasp. The power of losing control can be very frightening but anything is achievable with time and patience.

I had stated that I really wanted to work things out with her after we broke up and I moved into my new place, and she had stated that she was trying to work things out, but how was I supposed to know she was on the same boat if she didn’t give me any signs? I really don’t get it. So I’ve decided to just let her be, and just concentrate on myself. Any suggestions? Clueless here. I am not the one to chase girls but I want to marry this woman. HELP!!!!
    Make the effort to let her know you love her an u still care cause if you let her go someone else will take her in their arms ijs
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 07:23 PM
    You can't be in a relationship without talking and it seems like this relationship lacked communication. So without open and honest communication you viewed her actions and broke it off. I don't understand how a mother allow someone to move in with their kids and let things go to dust>>something I would never get. Be careful of what you want because what we want and need is two different things.
    odin68w Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Liz, that's what I told her, no communication, but I kind of scared her away by blowing up her phone. Her kids were amazing and I loved them to death. After the incident she told me that I wasn't the one for her, even though I disagree I have to respect her wishes and leave her alone. Even though I broke that agreement couple times, Im hoping we will try again but in the meantime no need to dwell on something I can't control.

I also agree she should have been a little skeptical about bringing a guy to live with her and her kids but it's to late for that and I created a bond between them that can't be broken. Her son on my last night asked me if I was going to be his new daddy and how was I supposed to respond to that? I love kids and that just broke my heart! :( nobody's perfect and I'm certainly not but differences is what makes us interesting. Perfect is just to boring!

I've fought hard to get her back maybe to hard, I've tried to reach out to her and apologize but she refuses to answer me back but I'm not going to be sorry about loving her too much. She's the first thing I think about when I open my eyes in the morning and when I close my eyes at night. I miss her dearly, I just don't know what to do to get her back and convince her that I would take a bullet for her and her kids. Any suggestions on getting her back? Woman's perspective is always good

I've made some mistakes to in the relationship, but I'm denying them at all, but I have some stuff to work on to improve myself. I feel like I can't do anything right to prove to her how deeply I love her. It's been almost a month and a half now and I feel like she is starting to slip away from me and I am not within her grasp anymore. I fear that she will find a different guy and then I would've completely lost her.

My ex girlfriend just recently came back into my life as "friends" and I told her straight up I don't have feelings for her anymore but I still feel guilty about it. I mean it's not like I'm sleeping with her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
    Attachments are so easy to form, but hard to break. Stay busy with other things guy, and live as you did before you met her. Next time will be better because you won't jump in so fast and so deep. Experience teaches us things so we can be better net time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get this girl out of my mind? [ 2 Answers ]

(First I want to say I don’t have the best grammar so sorry) So, I met this girl around 7th grade I didn’t have the strongest feelings for her but she did for me. During the summer of 7th grade she asked me out I didn’t have any intentions in dating her so I denied nicely as I could. Next year...

Another girl is on my mind [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm a 19 y.o. college student and me and my girlfriend have been dating for about half a year. We met each other about 8-9 months ago (right after I ended a long term relationship with my ex), and she came onto me very strongly. I was still having emotional troubles at the time...

How to get a girl off my mind that she broke up with me but she says she loves me but [ 6 Answers ]

How to get a girl off my mind that she broke up with me but she says she loves me but she left me for another guy but she still loves me and I still love her I just don't know what to do I've tried every thing and now I'm moving to multilation suicide :'( help me

Girl, make up your mind... [ 7 Answers ]

All right, normally I don't seek for advice on the interwebs, but this situation is a bit complex. I would normally ask some of my female friends for advice, but the rumours are going fast, well, just read the story and you'll get it... So I have 'known' the girl for a year or so. Known, like I...

View more questions Search