Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agziyad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 02:59 AM
    Zakath on money invested in public company shares
    I live in Australia. I have invested say about Rs7,000 in Sri Lanka in shares. I do not receive any dividends since I do not collect the cheques the company post to my residential address in Sri Lanka.

I can not calculate zakath on the dividend income since I do not collect them.
    Do I have to pay Zakath on the investment? If I have to the investment has to be calculated on the value I invested (Book Value) or at the market value of the shares? (which vary everyday)

Say if I have 700 shares @ invested value of Rs10 each, so Rs 7,000? Or 700 shares at market value at the time of zakath is due; e.g. 700 @ Rs15 (market value per share) so on Rs 10,500?

Check out some similar questions!

Company shares [ 1 Answers ]

ABC Ltd was incorporated as a limited company with 1,000,000 shares of no par value. The Regulations of the company show that the subscribers to the company, who subscribed to 60,000 shares for which the considerations pay was 600, and one Mr. A and the respodent, Mr. B, each of whom subscribed to...

Does money invested in brasil have to be claimed in the us [ 0 Answers ]

If I have money invested in Brasil (Bank) , am I required to claim it on my taxes here in the USA if I leave it there and not bring it back?

What will be the treatment of shares held by a defunct company in other company? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a Pvt. Ltd company who is a shareholder in another limited company. Now the Pvt. Ltd company who was a shareholder has been striken off by the ROC. I am indilemma as to how to treat the shares held by such pvt. Ltd company. Will it be forefeited. Reply??

H1B with private company to Public company [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Is it possible to transfer an H1B from a private company and work for an educational institution (or public organization)? I guess it would not be a transfer per se, however, is it possible to do so? If yes, what would be the drawbacks of doing so, or how is it done? Also, I have been...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.