Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    10072010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
    ask probability questions and answers
    a financial report showes that 65% of accountants are employed in the public sector accounting assume that this percentage applies to a group of five college graduates entering the profession what is the probability that at least three graduates will be employeed in public accounting
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 10072010 View Post
    a financial report showes that 65% of accountants are employed in the public sector accounting assume that this percentage applies to a group of five college graduates entering the profession what is the probability that at least three graduates will be employeed in public accounting
    The probability that at least three enter the profession equals the probability that exactly three will enter the profession, plus the probability that exactly four will, plus the probability that exactly five will. In general you need to determine the probability that 'k' people out of 'n' total will do something when each individual has a probability of 'p' of doing so, in this case where n=5, p=0.65, and k = 3, 4, or 5. Do you know how to do that?
    kfaaf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 05:09 AM
    Can someone help me with this problem thanks. If you have some of employees whom come in different time, during first an hour came 7 person, second an hour came 4 person and last hour came 11 person, now what the probability that of 3 person will com during first an hour.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 06:08 AM
    There are a total of 22 people, 7 of whom came in the first hour. If you pick one person at random from the 22 the probability that he came in that first hour is 7/22 If that pick is successful, then the probability that a second person randomly selected also came in the first hour is 6/21 - the 6 in the numerator is because there are only 6 people left yet unchosen who came in the first hour, out of 21 people left to chose from. Hence the probability that two people chosen at random both came in the first hour is (7/22) x (6/21). Now, think about how to extend this reasoning for a third person. Post back with what you get for an answer and we'll check it for you.
    kfaaf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 10:43 PM
    First of all , I would like to thank you for your concerned and I think the probability that three people chosen at random came in the first hour is (7/22) x (6/21) x (5/20)
    Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kfaaf View Post
    First of all , I would like to thank you for your concerned and I think the probability that three people chosen at random came in the first hour is (7/22) x (6/21) x (5/20)
    Correct!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asking questions on probability? [ 1 Answers ]

Two unbiased dice,one red and one green,are thrown and the separate scores are observed.Represent the results as (r,g), where are and g are the scores on the red and green dice respectively. Give a reason why there are 36 of these simple events. Hence find the probability that: The score on...

Probability w/ answers [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with this problem thanks. George estimates that there is a 30% chance of rain the next day if he waters the lawn, a 40% chance if he washes the car, and a 50% chance if he plans a trip to the beach. Assuming George's estimates are accurate, what are the odds a) in favour...

Probability: Whether my answers are correct or not [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I've been working on this problem for a while and still can't seem to work it out. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get: Question: Of three agricultural plots, one has high acidity in soil, one low, and one moderate. One plot will be randomly selected for planting beans, and...

Probability that of 300 test questions there are less than 50 correct answers [ 1 Answers ]

find the probablility that of 300 test questions there are less than 50 correct answers. Assume that each question is multiple choice with five possible answers and that nobody knows anyting so that all answers are random guesses.

Two Probability Questions! [ 1 Answers ]

The fountain contains 20 pennies and 9 dimes. A coin is randomly taken and not replaced. A second coin is randomly taken. What is probability that both coins are pennies? -and- Two dice are rolled. What is the probability that the sum of the...

View more questions Search