Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hopeygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 09:50 PM
    Lower back pain on right side with pain shooting into my and down my leg with burning
    I was doing leg presses at the gym when I felt excruciating pain in my right lower back with pain that shot down my leg. I could barely walk but manage to make to my car and drive home. Needless to say the pain I experienced just from driving was horrific! I needed help getting out of the car when I got home. The pain almost unbearable! It hurt to sit, stand, or lay. I didn't sleep hardly all that night. I couldn't get any relief no matter how I laid. So I kept trying to find a position that didn't cause pain but the more I moved it would make it worse! I don't have health insurance and I am just moved here but I don't have a family doctor yet. It's day three and the pain has dulled a little at least I got some rest last night. But I thinks because I took two pain pills. I found sitting really stirs things up but standing and walking aren't much better! I do have a history of disc problems on my right lower back and my upper left side of my neck. I feel so helpless without having insurance because I'm afraid if it's serious then they will be running all these test but who's going to pay for it! But if I can bare with until it gets a little maybe my husband will get a job with medical insurance. I waited a year last time with my neck and back. But this time is even worse. I think I might blown my disc this! So I'm really don't know what to do. Can it hurt me physically if I wait to go to the doctor until we have insurance?
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2012, 10:46 PM
    You need to go to a chyropractor. I have had this problem ever since I was probably 8 due to my flat feet and bunions. It usually means your hip is out of place and causing that spot in your back to be in so much pain and the shooting pain.

You need a chyropractor who actually cracks your hips into place. Mine is only 35 dollars an apt and you don't need anything else for it. Its helps so much and the pain is gone in minutes. (mines out of place right now and I'm going tomorrow)
    restchiro Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
    If you have had disc problems in the past, it's reasonable to assume that your spine isn't healthy (i.e. simply that for there to be disc problems, it's typical to have joint restrictions which prevent disc from pumping normally, and probably too much or too little of the normal curve in that area of the spine)... the radiating type pain sounds like Sciatica, which is due to a disc rupture/bulge/herniation, etc... This is technically a Chiropractic problem, cause the solution/cure is to restore normal motion/function of the vertebra in that area. However, most people will see the MD and end up with pain meds and muscle relaxers for the symptoms, but besides maybe some physical therapy, they will really get nothing to actually fix the problem.

Go see a good Chiropractor. (preferably someone who does Spinal Correction work - who will take a pre- and post- x-ray to see the correction take place).

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lower back pain and right leg numb? [ 1 Answers ]

I first hurt my back in December 2010. Mri showed herniation bulging and disc dessication. Emg showed 3 different pinched nerves after epidural in February felt great back to work in April I have a physically demanding job last few months pain came back worse then ever now my right thigh is...

Shoulder pain, wrist numbness, shooting pain in leg [ 1 Answers ]

I have been experiencing dull aching left shoulder pain ( heart is OK... been checked out). My left wrist is numb to touch. I was having left hand weakness and some trembling but that seems to have subsided. I have sporadic shooting pain down left leg, groin aches. All of this comes and goes.

Pelvic pain and lower back pain on the left side [ 0 Answers ]

I am having pelvic pain and lower back pain on the left side? Is this any pregnancy symptom or not? Why it usually occurs

Lower back, groin... down through leg pain (right) [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having pain (moderate) in right groin area that radiates down through my leg to about my knee. I sometimes feel a pain in right lower back but that doesn't last. The pain in my leg is more a nuisance and annoying pain rather than anything severe. It has been increasing getting more...

Sharp Pain in lower back and leg [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 47 year old female and fell on my left side about 4 weeks ago... I have had this sharp pain in my right lower back.. The pain goes to my hip down my hamstring and to my ankle... At night my back and ankle throbs.. When I stand ~ sit ~ lay there is pain... Hard to get comfortable... Not...

View more questions Search