Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PRA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Share scanner on network
    Hi all...

Tell me that how can I share my scanner which is connected with one of my 5 pc's on Lan. I wants to share scanner for other users can access that scanner while the actual pc/pc user is busy in other work. If in this case any other want to scan the document then they can make it...

Tell me how is this possible to share my scanner on lan like any printer.we are using windows XP.

Thanks & regards
    Manu Verma[/QUOTE]
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Most scanners are NOT networkable. Sharing the scanner will not work unless it is. If it is, then the scanner software will handle it.

There are a few HP All-in-ones that are Ethernet compatible so you could place one on your network directly and share it. Look at the PSC 5180 or 6180.
    ssaroff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
    We use RemoteScan (RemoteScan® - Use Scanners with Terminal Server and Citrix® ) which is the standard software solution for sharing any kind of document, card or multifunction scanner with other PCs on any kind of network. It has been around for quite a few years, and a search in Google for remotescan turns up over 30,000 links and reviews.

They also have a RemoteScan for Terminal services and RemoteScan for Citrix version, which lets people use scanners with any kind of hosted application.
    han Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Dear Ssaroff,

In Google search I can download only RemoteScanner client software.
    How can I get RemoteScanner Sever Software?

Please give me the link or attach RemoteScanner server for me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Hy ChanHan
    ssaroff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 07:51 PM
    RemoteScan is a commercial product.
    You can purchase it from their web site at
    RemoteScan® - Use Scanners with Terminal Server and Citrix®
    han Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Dear all,

Is there any free software for scanner sharing on network?

Thanks,
    Hy ChanHan
    bdjo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 11:54 PM
    I have free edition of remotescan..
    How can I give it to U?
    MikiLek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
    You definitely can share your scanner on a network using RemoteTwain ( http://www.scanworkssoftware.com/remotetwain.aspx ). RemoteTwain is a TWAIN driver so you still can use your favorite scan application and scan from scanner remotely. Application will work as if this scanner would be attached to your computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I share my Scanner? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me in shareing my scanner on lan for others to use from their PC??

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

I want to share my scanner on lan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... Please tell me that how can I share my scanner which is connected with one of my 5 pc's on Lan. I wants to share scanner for other users can access that scanner while the actual pc/pc user is busy in other work. If in this case any other want to scan the document then they can...

Need help to share files and printer through Network [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have networked two home computers together and am now having a problem with the sharing of the printer and files. On the first computer (main), I am running Windows XP with a wireless-B Broadband Router and on the secondary computer, I am running Windows 98SE with a wireless USB adapter....

Network printer share problem [ 1 Answers ]

This is my problem. Have a win NT 4.0 network. Working on migrating windows 2003 server network. Have upgraded 2 computer workstations from win 98 to XP pro. Everything went fine. One machine that was upgraded to XP uses a dos based program installed on the NT server which is shared. It is ACCPAC...

View more questions Search