Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ritukullu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
    My son is going to miss Kindergarten :(
    Hi I have a son who is feb 2007 born.right now hez in preschool.We are going to India in September and will be back by march 2013 which means he is going to miss his kindergarten .Is it possible that when we come back he gets admitted to grade 1 directly as he would be 6+ by that time.I am really worried that he is going to miss one full year because of this :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
    Why would the school allow him to skip kindergarten? It's like first grade used to be and very important not only for learning some of the basics but also for socialization. Talk with the school to find out if there is something you can do with him, to teach him, while in India.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 03:21 PM
    This is up to the rules of the school you plan on attending. So you can contact them on their rules, for many Kindergarten is not a required grade. If it is, do it though a online or other home school association so you can claim he has had it.

Often private schools ( will assume perhaps that is what you plan on doing) are more open to work with families.

A trip to a foreign nation like India will be well worth the education and culture experience for a child.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
    You can contact the school district where your son will be attending. Kindergarten is not a requirement in some states and he may be able to start in March and move on to first grade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss my son.. Who calls me daddy [ 3 Answers ]

I am going through a divorce, and would like to know if I legally have any rights or way to see or even just to talk to my ( yr old son. (non- biological). I have raised him since he was one. Any information you could offer would be a huge help.

Friends in kindergarten [ 10 Answers ]

I am a little torn here. My duaghter has a 'friend' at school. She is not a nice little girl. I know its not the girls fault, her mother is the one who raised her this way, and I know that to be true because her mother and I are... well... I wouldn't consider her a friend. But we are on speaking...

Kindergarten [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is Sunni, I am a single stay at home mom, and I have a 5 year odl boy. Today was his 1 st day of school, we went to bed early, he woke up ate breakfast, then got dressed, then we left early and walked in together. He asked me to stay, I said I would as long as I could. We sat in the...

Does my ex's son still miss me [ 2 Answers ]

My ex fiancé broke up with me over 5 months ago. She has broken up with me at least 6 times in 5 years. On all break ups she has told me that her son missed me. This is the longest she has been gone. The longest break up was our second one which was a little over 3 months. I guess my question is do...

Preschool/kindergarden requirements? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering what are the typical academic requirements for children entering preschool, and kindergarten? For example, reading small words, writing there name, counting so high, adding/subtracting? etc.. Thanks so much! :)

View more questions Search