Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bkellam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Vehicle in repair shop for 6 weeks now. Part unavailable!
    On 01/24/2007 my 2006 Dodge Ram broke down in California. I had to fly home to NC to take my husband to his cancer doctor. I received a call from the Dodge dealer in Blythe, CA where my vehicle broke down and they informed me that I needed a new transmission. I told them to fix it as soon as possible because I earn my income with this vehicle and I am the only one working in my household because my husband was diagnosed with leukemia.
    They told me it would take about 1 week. I called my customers and told them that there car deliveries would be delayed because my truck broke down.
    It has now been almost 5 weeks and the transmission still has not arrived at the dealership.
    I had to fly back to CA last week to release a vehicle that was on my trailer to one of my customers because he has run out of patience.
    I have lost this customer and he will never use my services again.
    My savings are exhausted keeping up with my bills and I have no way of paying my upcoming bills. This truck is also financed through Chrysler financial and they will not help me either. I have asked for a 2 months payment extension but they could only grant me 1 and told me right away if I fall behind they will just reposes my truck and that is after having an excellent payment history with them.
    Almost 5 weeks have past and still no transmission.
    I call Chrysler 2 times per week and every time I call they move the ETA up for 1 week.

I know there is no lemon law because I have 78000 miles on it.

Do I have some kind of legal rights because it has been so long and they can't seem to get the transmissin in?

PLEASE HELP.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Where is the transmission coming from, have you called them,

Have you priced or checked on a transmission somewhere else

Why have you not rented a vechile to keep working with ?

You have the right to take it somewhere else, ( like a transmission shop)
    Bkellam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 05:42 AM
    They say that is has to be ordered from Germany. I call the Daimler Chrysler Corporation 2 times per week and they move the ETA up for another week.

Renting a vehicle is out of the question because I haul commercial with it.

It is in Blythe, CA and that is in the middle of nowhere.

My question is do I have any rights or am I at there mercy no matter how long it takes?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2007, 07:11 AM
    If Chrysler Customer service cannot solve your problem then I would go to the press. I'm not sure what, if any, legal backing you have here. If they are not deliberately delaying the repair and truly need to wait for a part, then there may not be able to do anything. Trucks break down and you should have provided for that eventuality.

But, if you got to your local Consumer Affairs reporter. You may get action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

Judgement for vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

Three years ago I had bad credit and brought a cadillac for 14500 with the interest it was 18500. I paid 4000 down and 600 a month for 10 months but the car kept breaking down so the car repair fees was expensive. I fell behind on paying the car and I was sued for 9700. After the judgement I paid...

View more questions Search