Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pinkkittycat11 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 08:04 PM
    How to ask my mom for a bra?
    I am eleven and I want a bra my boobs um... Stick out my shirt a bit and I tried on one of my sisters bras and they fit it was padded and the training bra fit well too by the way I hate talking about those things even about getting new underwear HELP!!

Jun 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
    I want to wear a bra?
    I really do what to wear a bra hOw do I tell my mOm! I am 11 & my... Boobs are getting fuller what or how should I say
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Say to her, "Mom, I have something to ask you. Could we go shopping and buy me some pretty bras?" Or write a note and decorate it with hearts.
    HarleyQuinn09 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Jun 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Just ask her to take you. All women go through the same thing she will understand. Just tell her it makes you feel uncomfortable and you would like to try one out :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
    I'd sit down with your mother and ask her ALL of your questions at 1 time. You NEED a bra and she hasn't noticed OR you WANT a bra?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...e-673577.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...a-673318.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...e-672104.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...ra-672103.html
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
    Talk to your mother - sit her down and discuss all of your issues with her. I don't know if you NEED a bra (which you've said) or WANT a bra (which you've said). You need to open communication with your mother.

I think all of your questions should be combined.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...e-673577.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...a-673318.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...e-672104.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...ra-672103.html
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
    You posted two versions - you NEED a bra and you WANT a padded bra.

Would I allow my stepdaughter(s) to wear a padded bra at age 11? No, not unless I could see the need.

Apparently your mother doesn't see the need.

So ask for a training bra, a sports bra. Why do you need padding? To compete with the other 11 year olds?

Jun 22, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Bra help
    Well I am going to text my mom I want a traIning bra what do I text?? I don't want to text something that makes my mom feel like I am growing u know those puberty talks and all those stuff?!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
    "I think I need a bra" is that not just what you want to say?

But why can't you just sit down and talk to her ? Getting a bra is just part of growing up and should not even be a issue to worry about talking to her about.

Jun 23, 2012, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    "I think I need a bra" is that not just what you want to say?

But why can't you just sit down and talk to her ? Getting a bra is just part of growing up and should not even be a issue to worry about talking to her about.
    Well I talk my mOm about puberty by texting it makes me feel better and her

Jun 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Should I say this so I can get a bra to my mom??
     Mom can you get me a training bra ? If yes don't tell dad or Joceline that I said that I wanted a bra say that you said that OK or it will be best if you tried to say nothing I just don't want to let them know because I feel weird  I am not trying to grow up so quick just kind of need one if no it is OK also no talks please only text me even at home 

By the way Joceline is my sister yes or no and textingbis the best way for me and my mom to talk about puberty

Jun 23, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Opps textingbis I meant texting because and let me change the qestion should I text this to my mom so I can get a bra

Jun 23, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Not because it is "is"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
    No you should go and talk to your mom, You may even offend your mom by texting, she may want you to come to her in person and TALK, I would ignore my son if he did not come talk to me.

Next no you should not set rules on it to restrict your mom, Moms and dads talk, ( or should)
    Someone will see them in the laundry, they will see the lines of the bra on your shirt, mom may need to explain to dad the money she spends
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
    That's sad, I talked to my parents about everything, in person. It shows maturity and responsibility.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Your dad knows daughters grow up and need a bra. Joceline will need one some day. You and your mom need to talk in person about bras and boys and puberty. If you can't do that, you show how immature you are. Do you want to be considered immature? Now, THAT is weird!

Jun 24, 2012, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Your dad knows daughters grow up and need a bra. Joceline will need one some day. You and your mom need to talk in person about bras and boys and puberty. If you can't do that, you show how immature you are. Do you want to be considered immature? Now, THAT is weird!
    Thanks!!

Jun 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Oh I am kida dumb I should put the questions together lol
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
    >Numerous Threads Merged<

Jun 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Should I wear a training bras
    I want to ask my mom to get me a training bra but do I even need a training bra??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I know I need a bra but I don't know how to ask my mom [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, I am an 11 (going on 12) year old girl. I need a bra. All my friends have one, I am to shy to ask my mom if I can get one. I guess I am just waiting for her to take me to get a bra without even asking. How am I supposed to ask her if I can get one? All of my friends have a cupped bra. (Most of...

I really need a bra, and I am kind of scared to ask my mom! [ 5 Answers ]

My mom is kind of strict and I really need a bra, but I'm too embarrassed to ask her for one

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

How do I tell my mom I need a bra [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am 11, my mom and I aren't exactly close, all my life I have been hideing my feeligns and letting them out whe I'm alone, so my parents don't expect me to ask questions like can we go shopping for bras, which I really have to, what do I do?? :( Bablybluz

How do I ask my mom if I need a bra [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 11 and I just want to ask my mom if when could I get a bra but she always says no. I need help to show my mom that I need a bra. How dob I tel her?

View more questions Search