Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam604 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Questionable executor
    My sister is executor of my mom's estate.Mom had 2 gic's $108,000 & $$107,000 which will mature in Feb 2013 with aprox interest of $10,000 on each upon maturity.Both gic's have both my sisters or me on them.We all had P.O.A when mom got alzeimers and passed on Apr.11.My sister(exec) decided 4 yrs ago to open these gic's without consulting me (she actually opened 3)I was upset & put 1 back into checking out of spite and there it sits. Both sisters wanted to keep the gic's and give me the lesser money.Now she says I owe them $$ for loss of interest on the one gic.The will says we are all to get an equal 1/3 of the estate.Because I wouldn't agree to take less she cashed out both gic's losing thousands of dollars in interest and says that will be divided between the three of us.This makes no sense and now were all out the interest.Both sisters are well to do so not a financial issue for them .Help is there anything I can do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Has the estate been probated? It sounds like you all need to stop acting like little children. If the GICs were cashed in that can't be reversed. So assuming all the bills of the estate have been paid, just distribute what's left and be done with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Questionable? [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken multiple HPT which all have been negative! I had my period in Dec. which 2wks long & very heavy after not having one for 6months. It then came back on for the month of Nov. it was some spotting and not heavy, missed it for January. Belly is bloated and I am feeling flutters, belching,...

Questionable divorce [ 8 Answers ]

How long can you be married before your spouse can get alimony? If your divorce / legal separation? :confused: I have been divorced since 1999. My oldest is graduating this June 08. My other daughter is 15.5 they both live with me. There father is not a dead beat at all, he pays his child...

Questionable intentions [ 5 Answers ]

Ok guys I'm going through some rough moments with my girlfriend and I need to know if I'm wasting my time or not. This is long I warn you! Let us start with an introduction: My girlfriend broke up with her X about five months ago. He was the typical that cheated on her right under her nose...

View more questions Search