Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eric Van Horn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Track quick claim deed
    I am divorced a I want to make sure she does not sign my name to on a qucik claim deed.
    How do I track that?

Eric Van Horn
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
    First it's a quit claim deed, not quick. Second, when signing a deed, the signatures need to be verified, usually by a notary. It would be a pretty dumb buyer who would accept a deed with unverified signatures.

But what is going on with the property? Is it supposed to be split in the divorce?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
    To do a fraud on a deed, she would have to have a notary to commit fraud also.

But you can go down to the court house and see if someone files a deed every few days.

Next in the divorce, who got the house ? Were you suppose to sign a deed over to her ?
    Eric Van Horn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
    I was not supposed to sign the home in question over to her.

We owned two properties, a single family home and a town home. I was required to sign a quit claim deed on the single family home, which I did.

Prior to our divorce, we had the town home up for a short sale, so it stayed in both of our names.

She quickly learned she could not afford the single family home and sold it. She is now in the process of trying to buy another home and she has asked me to sign a quit claim deed on the town home, which did sell on a short sale, so she can either obtain a mortgage or a better rate on the mortgage.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
    I'm confused. If the town home sold then you no longer own it. If the sale is pending then she can't get a mortgage on it. If she is buying a new home, why does she need a mortgage on the town home? You aren't making a lot of sense here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do a warranty deed or a quick claim deed if my father has passed away? [ 8 Answers ]

My father has passed away and he had no will whatsoever but he told me verbally that he wanted to put the house in my name. But he passed before we can do that. He is married but his wife is illegal and does not work. And we all want to put the house in my name because this house is the last thing...

Quick claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

I own a home that was purchased in 2002 by my brother with me on the deed. We did it this way to allow me to buy it with his credit which was better than mine at that point. I have a second on the home in my name alone. I pay both mortgages and always have. He now would like to transfer interest...

Quick claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home in providence, ri I sign a quick claim deed to a friend because I had other homes and wanted either sell this one or pass it to a friend which I did.. however I sign the claim deed in June and she was going to trasferred the loan to her name right away but this has not yet happened...

Quick claim deed [ 6 Answers ]

I own a house and live with my brother. I have the mortgage in my name but want to add my brother to the title. Can I use Quick Claim for this? Would a Quick Claim deed make my brother co-owner? If so, were can I find the outline? Thanks. Happpy holidays.

Quick CLaim Deed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I title my house into my sisters name, but still keep tax benefits and mortgage interest deduction? I would still live in the house and pay the mortgage and taxes.

View more questions Search