Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjds1996 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Personal finance
    For a interest checking there is a monthly service charge of $7; interest of 3%, compounded daily. With a minimum balance of $1500, the monthly charge is waived
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Does not sound realistic, 3% interest does not sound right, it is hard to get interest of even 1 percent. Are you sure this is not a .03 percent ?

If this is real, I would jump at it and put as much money as I could in that account. I have one old CD left at 3 percent. All my new ones are not much over 1 percent.
    jjds1996 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Does not sound realistic, 3% interest does not sound right, it is hard to get interest of even 1 percent. Are you sure this is not a .03 percent ?

If this is real, I would jump at it and put as much money as I could in that account. I have one old CD left at 3 percent. All my new ones are not much over 1 percent.
    It is 3% and compounded daily. It is a homework question that hubby and I are completely stumped on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 02:19 PM
    There is not a question, you just stated a fact. What question is there. You merely stated what the account does, so now there needs to be a question about the account.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2012, 06:57 AM
    This is a Future Value of $1 problem, but there is not enough information to solve the problem. The OP is missing the number of periods to be able to solve the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal finance software without revealing personal information [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any personal finance software that doesn't require you to put in your personal information.I just need something that I can add and subtract on my own without giving all my personal information to a for profit corporation. I don't need a separate company to keep track of all my banking, I...

Personal finance software - Quicken vs. Online (mint.com) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I've been looking into getting personal finance software to track all of my online accounts (banking, credit cards, IRAs, stocks, etc.). Quicken was my default option because it's the only software that I knew about, at the time. I recently learned about a website called Mint.com that...

View more questions Search