Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbonerocksteady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
    The total assets and total liabilities of Pauls Pools, a proprietorship, at the begin
    The total assets and total liabilities of Pauls Pools, a proprietorship, at the beginning and at the end of the current fiscal year are as follows:

Jan. 1 Dec. 31
    Total assets $280,000 $475,000
    Total liabilities 205,000 130,000

(a) Determine the amount of net income earned during the year. The owner did not invest any additional assets in the business during the year and made no withdrawals.

(b) Determine the amount of net income during the year. The assets and liabilities at the beginning and at the end of the year are unchanged from the amounts presented above. However, the owner withdrew $53,000 in cash during the year (no additional investments).

(c) Determine the amount of net income earned during the year. The assets and liabilities at the beginning and at the end of the year are unchanged from the amounts presented above. However, the owner invested an additional $35,000 in cash in the business in June of the current fiscal year (no withdrawals).

(d) Determine the amount of net income earned during the year. The assets and liabilities at the beginning and at the end of the year are unchanged from the amounts presented above. However, the owner invested an additional $12,000 in cash in August of the current fiscal year and made twelve monthly cash withdrawals of $1,500 each during the year.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2012, 03:37 PM
    See computing net income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Net Income from total assets and Liabilities? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the problem: I have tried to find the solution but what I do not get is how I am supposed to find the net income when I do not know the revenue and expenses? The total assets and the total liabilities of a business at the beginning of the year and the end of the year are below. During...

Is it the total assets - total liabilities or current assets - current liabilities to [ 1 Answers ]

Is it the total assets - total liabilities or current assets - current liabilities to find owners equity?

Net Income from Total Assets and Liabilities? [ 1 Answers ]

Lily Company had the following assets and liabilities on the dates indicated. December 31 Total Assets Total Liabilities 2007 $403,000 $250,000 2008 $480,000 $302,000 2009 $620,000 $403,000 Lily began business on January 1, 2007, with an investment of $106,000. Instructions

Net Income from Total Assets and Liabilities? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm very confused. Here's the question: Total Assets as of May 31, 2010 = $174,000 Total Liabilities as of May 31, 2010 = $104,000 Total Assets as of June 30, 2010 = $208,000 Total Liabilities as of June 30, 2010 = $127,000 Following are 3 situations about owner's investments and...

View more questions Search