Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    What do I do Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Is it illegal for an adult to date a minor?
    Well one of my friends is 18 and has a girl that he likes that is 14 and she likes him back but they are afraid of him getting in trouble because they do not know the laws about this so they remain friends but need to know what to do. We live in Oregon when would it be legal for them to date or if they can date now, how could they do this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 11:13 PM
    There are no laws against dating, but there are laws regarding any form of sexual activity.

At the age of 14 she will have to have her parent's consent for them to date.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 05:39 AM
    Also at 14, with him being a adult, the child molestation laws not just age of consent for sex apply, so if he touches her even though the clothing, or exposes his self to her , that would all be criminal.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
    If her parents do not consent, then it would be illegal for him to date.

What you should be asking your friend is what does he have in common with a 14 yr old? A 14 yr old is still a child. She has vastly different interests than an 18 yr old. Forget the legal aspects, this is just wrong on so many levels. When she is 18 and he is 22 they will be on much more even footing and they can consider dating then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal for the Mugshots.com to publish a mugshot of a minor? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know if any mugshots website like Mugshots.com is permitted to post mugshots of minors.

If a minor misses court date, who gets in trouble? Guardian and/or the minor? [ 1 Answers ]

If a 16-year-old with a court date (stealing, $100) doesn't show up for the appointment, does the guardian get in trouble alone, or the 16-year-old as well? State is TN.

Is it illegal for a minor to be at a party with alcohol? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm having a birthday party and we're going to have alcohol there, but I also wanted my friend, who is a minor, to come to the party. We aren't going to let him drink, that's for sure, but I was wondering if we would get in trouble for him just being there? I don't want either of us to get in...

Minor/Adult Marriages in California [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé Cathryn are having an issue trying to determine whether we are in any kind of legal position to be married. We are both the product of a broken home which is highly unfortunate and does not make the situation any easier however given the circummstances I do believe we are both...

View more questions Search