Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfinnegan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Frozen bank account
    How long can they freeze your account and how long before they can freeze it again in New York
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Until they get all the money from the court order.

They normally don't release it, unless they get all the money, so any money you put in will just go to them.
    fdk1944 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Go to civ ct in nyc. Take out an order to show cause, send to coll. Agency. They will appear in ct with you. There an arbitrator will discuss a reasonable pymet plan. That same day the t will order the lien on you bank account lifted. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad's bank account has been frozen. He is unemployed and what ever funds he has in his account is for rent and medicine. I called the credit card company and they want $600. A month and $100. Thereafter. The total amount due is $1,200. My dad is willing to pay $50-$100 a month. But the attorneys...

Frozen bank account [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, My question is, can my husbands bank account be frozen for a judgement against me. I have a pending judgement against my own credit card, which he was a user, but the account was in my name. I was told to get my own account since they will probably freeze our joint account that I used to pay on...

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

Frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

View more questions Search