Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralphnorton Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 08:23 PM
    How to make dark hair dye fade faster
    Pretty Lady,

I read all the posts and I think you have given people very good advice.

I have naturally dark brown hair with a white streak in front. I have been using a demi-permanent to darken the streak to a shade or two lighter than my natural hair to appear as highlighted. I like the color at the roots and at the ends, but there is a middle portion that is too dark.

How would be the best way to fade or lighten this area; in what order should I try these: Original Prell? Anti-dandruff shampoo? Hot oil? Loreal Color Zap? Color Fix? Color Oops?

How long should I leave these on?

Thanks.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Prell, clarifying shampoos or dandruff shampoos with the use of very warm water can help fade the color quickly. Dish detergents can also strip hair color. You might want to use a few drops of dish detergent with your shampoo. Be sure to use a conditioner afterwards to restore the moisture in your hair.

Hair color will fade a little each time you shampoo. If you don't have the patients to wait for your hair to fade, try using a hair color remover. Keep in mind that hair color removers will make your hair brassy, therefore, you will need to re-color your hair in order for it to look natural. Good luck.
    ralphnorton Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Dear Pretty Lady,
    Thank you for sharing your time and expertise.
    xteenagexzombiex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Use Prell before anything.. after I dye my hair black I usually put prell on put a bag over it and leave it in for an hour when I take the bag off its covered in purpleish color... meaning is did strip a lot of hair coloring... then rinse it out and wash once more with prell... then use a good conditioner because prell gets your hair really clean and strips natural oils and etc..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

How to make hair dye fade faster [ 38 Answers ]

I had strawberry blonde hair... And I hated it because at school I am always being teased about it so I tried a wash out dye that said it would last 8-10 washer. The dye was called bronze babe... My hair is now even more red then before and I hate it even more!! :( I go back to school in 2...

How to make dark hair dye fade faster [ 207 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair "dark brown" and it came out too dark. I don't want to strip or bleach my hair, I just want to make the color fade a little faster. I've read about several ways to do this and I wanted to know if anyone knew the best method or if any of these really work. Here are the...

How to make dark hair fade faster [ 2 Answers ]

I am a senior going to vo tech for cosmetology school. I have naturally dirty blonde hair. I sometimes dye my hair darker to make my eyes stand out. Well, I decided that I wanted to do something very dramatic and I dyed my hair dark brown with red highlights. It looks cool, but I'm just worried...

View more questions Search