Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauloneill48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 08:40 AM
    I have a side mount toilet with drain set up I want to add shower to drain what do I
    I already have a toilet and drain system in the bacement and I want to add a shower, all the drain pipes are on top of the floor about 1" off the floor what do I do to tap into that drain, can I use it or not
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2012, 06:48 PM
    Little tricky to add a shower since the drain pipe is above the floor level. You will need a trap so that makes it even higher. If you build a platform, probably 6-7" high and put the shower pan on that it would probably work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Shower was connected to Toilet drain and now we get smell from shower drain. [ 1 Answers ]

Used baking soda a vinegar to clean drain, but smell continues to be present. Read that I should have the air vent checked to see if it's clogged, but I get no smell from the other shower leading me to think it's just the gas backing up from the pipes. Also, how does an air vent get clogged? ...

How do I mount the adjustable shower drain to a wood floor? [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a tile shower on a wooden subfloor. How do I attach the adjustable shower drain to the floor?

Drawins for connecting a shower drain to a toilet drain? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a shower drain in my basement and connect to the toilet drain I like to see some drawings or videos any help please thanks

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

Add a shower drain under a toilet ? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a toilet installed on our cement basement floor . Can I add an adapter to raise up The toilet so that I can hook up to a shower drain??

View more questions Search