Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Feb 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Can they do this?
    When I went to pick up my daughter on Sat. her monster(mother) freaked out when I told her to return a car I had let her borrow. Anyway she would not let me out of the house and continually bared the door by throwing herself against it (she is fat). So I pushed her out of the way and left with my daughter, now she is claiming that I assaulted her and have taken my child away, arrested me and put a restraining order against me even talking to my child. All this simply on her word, (she is a lier and a thief), no one ever asked me what happened or for my side. I intend to fight hard, but has anyone ever herd of treatment such as this? And do you think I can sue her for either defamation of defamation,
    Or for legal fees?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 07:55 AM
    If you were arrested you will eventually be standing before a judge. From what you have said there should be no physical evidence of an assault so a good lawyer should be ale to get you off. I did say good, lets make that a great lawyer. Do not appear without a lawyer. Sue her for defamation? Maybe false arrest if you win the first case.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
    My bf's crazy mother had me arrested for Assult, contributing to the delequncy of a minor (he was 17 and I am 18) and trespacing (I was on the road in front of her house, never on the property!) and kept be from seeing /having ANY contact with him from the beginning of December, until the end of February when he turned 18. I was never found guilty or innocent and it still sites on my recorde and I still had to pay my own $312 dollar bond for her lies, and have not been able to make her pay me back. She is banned from the property herson and I now live on and has since charged us with mor false charges! I feel your pain. I hope everything works out.

Tomorrow I meet with a lawyer and am sueing her for "Frivalous Law Suite" which you can also do. And if your name was put in the local paper or anything like that, you can sue her for "Defamation of Character" and "Slander"

Good luck! Let me know how things go!

Mar 27, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Well in my case apparently when she was slamming herself into the door she did sustain some bruises on her arm. But all I was trying to do was leave, she is mean, and I did v=not wish to be subject to her abuse, (mostly verbal). Endless my sister had her boyfriends mother do the same thing, she ended up having to do community service.
    It is a sad fact that in America, justice can be so quickly thrown out the door.
    My advice to you is never, ever alow yourself to be alone with this woman, record all phone calls, and buy camcorder, to video tape her if there is a problem. Some people will never admit that they are wrong, she probably will never get over it.

Mar 27, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Well I would still take actions to protect myself. It can be hard to prove someone broke the order. Also she will probably have one issued against you. (anyone can get one against anyone else). Be careful, do not underestimate the devious, lying ways that some will do without a second thought.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 28, 2007, 06:40 PM
    You should change your custody exchanges to a public place. (You can do that in court, with a modification of custody.) There is no reason to be alone with this woman. Pick a place with a lot of people around. (Witnesses if she tries anything like this again.) Or do the exchange at a local police station. They allow that. To protect yourself, don't ever let yourself be alone with her again. Wow, the further I dig back in your posts the crazier she sounds. See if you can get her to admit she faked it, and record her on the phone. It's hard to deny your own recorded voice .
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Mar 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Lol Enless and Matt... both the women who are biotches... they could be mental lol. Who know's... I wouldn't let my kid with that! I say get full custody she's not a mother as far as I hear. Mental I say! Good luck, proving some one is mental is tough though, lol. May take years, I took us nearly a lifetime.

Mar 28, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Yeah that is tough, I don't know what I would do without my mom. I hope maybe someone can help (your mother) BTW, that is a awsome pic.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Mar 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Some one did, she's in a home... lol. She woln't ever know who I am truly. She'll be in their forever. Lol, what's so great about the pic? Close up I guess.. . lol. I thought it was ugly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search