Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wilson bear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
    What caliber
    I have a s&w five shot breakdown #18622 . I would like to know what caliber it is. It's like chrome plated and no trigger guard
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 06:57 AM
    Honestly, it is going to be very difficult for anyone here to give you a true answer to this.

If the caliber isn't stamped on the gun (usually down the side of the barrel), guessing is nearly impossible. Your best bet is to contact S&W directly, provide them with the serial number, and they may be able to tell you all of that.

Edit- When you say "breakdown" do you mean break open? Does the barrel and cylinder break open and swing down away from the grip while still remaining attached?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
    My husband is a master gunsmith, I will ask him. But I have to know if this is a revolver or a long rifle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 07:25 AM
    If you take it into any gun shop, they can give you that info,

Here is a general size chart for caliber

Caliber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding caliber of pellets for single pump pellet gun [ 8 Answers ]

I have a pellet rifle with no manufacturer markings that I can find on it. I want to purchase pellets for it and do not know what caliber to use. 31045 31046

What is the largest caliber handgun made? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the largest caliber handgun made?

What other Lionel Barrymore movies are there of the caliber of "Sweepings" 1933? [ 3 Answers ]

I loved the movie "Sweepings' (1933) that starred Lionel Barrymore. I'm searching for another Lionel Barrymore film of the caliber of "Sweepings". I hope someone can help me find one or more! Thanks!

View more questions Search