Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chimatsuri119 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 06:02 AM
    Is it okay to plug transformer/voltage regulator on surge protector?
    Is it okay to plug voltage regulator on surge protector?
    I have100V ps3 and a 220v large lcd TV plugged into my voltage regulator and I am planning to plug this into the surge protector that I purchased earlier to avoid surges and spikes.
    Can my surge protector handle all the electronics + the voltage regulator??
    I'm afraid my surge protector might break.

By the way on my voltage regulator there's a switch and it says "Circuit Protector"
    "Press to Reset". What is this so called Circuit Protector? Is it also a surge protection device?

And is it okay to leave a voltage regulator turned on all the time?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2012, 08:35 PM
    The circuit protector is likely a circuit breaker. It most likely trips when too much current is drawn.

As far as whether your surge protector can handle your equipment... well, I'm not sure what you mean by 100V ps3. Are you saying you plan to plug both a 220V and 110V device into the same outlet? We need some more details.

Unless you have a regulator that I have not seen, I don't think it will run both 110V and 220V at the same time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water got into floor outlet - sparked, smoked & fried surge protector plug [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. When water went into the floor outlet, it buzzed and lights blinked that were plugged into the surge protector and it started sparking and smoking. It didn't blow the breaker. I unplugged the surge protector and the plug was charred. Hubby tried to sop up water in outlet with paper towel and...

Why would both the surge & ground lights be on on my surge protector, outlet tests OK [ 1 Answers ]

Why would both the surge & ground lights come on and stay on when I plug in and turn on my surge protector? This happens with both a good (expensive) older surge protector and the new one I just bought. I bought a new one after someone suggested my protector wasn't working properly. The new...

Plug surge protector got wet, made room electricity go out instantly? [ 1 Answers ]

I tried the breakers but nothing works. What do I do? It was a cup of tea on my nightstand that knocked all over my power surge protector. The outlet in the wall never got wet but instantly TV, closet and lights went out. Now I can't get any of the outlets in my room to work?

Low Voltage Transformer need plug [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I accidentally purchased a low voltage 600W transformer without a plug. My question is: Could I connect the black & white wires to a plug replacement cord so I could plug it into the outside outlet? Thanks a million. Don

View more questions Search