Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afarrell3241 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Employee gave employer a doctors excuse for missing work and employer wants to know t
    Employee returned to work with doctors excuseand employer wants reason for missing work. Does this come under any hipaa laws for privacy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 06:01 AM
    No, this law refers to medical professionals that give out information to others.

Them wanting to know the reason for the illness or absent is not covered or protected under this law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer wants health reason for missing work [ 2 Answers ]

Employer requestsreason for absence from work when employees doctor excused him from working

Can an employer force an employee to work while on vacation? [ 4 Answers ]

Can an employer, by law, require that an employee take the work lap top and perform job functions while on vacation? Can the employee be terminated for refusal to do so?

Can my employer require unpaid work for an hourly employee? [ 2 Answers ]

My employer has set up a system where we work on projects and each of these has a specific budget. When the budget runs out, we stop getting paid to work on that project. We often find ways around this so it isn't always a problem, but last week I was directed to complete several projects with no...

Reprimanded for missing work w/ medical excuse [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dr's excuse to miss two days from work, which I already had taken, and I go back to work today. When I was in the ER I called my human resource ladyat 7am and I work second shift which is 2pm-10pm... and told her where I was, and that I have a dr's excuse to miss two days. She said okay,...

View more questions Search