Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slowmotion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Burnt Rubber Smell Bryant 90+
    I bought this Bryant 90+ with A/C, 2 years ago. It smelled like burnt rubber coming out of all the registers. It has a filter they said only needs to be changed once a year. I have been changing it every 6 months. I took the filter out and it looked good. Since I put the filter back, it has only ran a few times but I can't smell it now. It WAS smelling like a burning fan belt, but I don't think this has one.

I have usually found that things don't heal by themselves. I spun the fan and could hear what sounded like a flat spot on a bearing but it still spins nice and easy with a finger and spun for a good 60 seconds. I felt around the motor and wiring, nothing felt hot.

Is my house going to fill with smoke or could it be a fluke, or glitch? Do I need a service call? I had a service call in the Fall.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

... FOLLOW UP: 7 hours later and it's 20 degrees outside. Has not done it since. Only that one time. Something must have fallen inside the heat exchanger. At least I'm hoping for the best.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Keep an eye on it. Next time it happens I would call for service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Civic maintenance tips (esp after I burnt my Alternator!) [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings from Arizona again... Pardon my query if that silly enough... but since I haven't owned a car before entirely on my own, I need some help... Can somebody direct me to some kind of a comprehensive guide for Maintenance of 91 Civic... or any similar (aged) car in general... esp...

Burnt carpet [ 2 Answers ]

"What percent can i be charged on new carpet that had to be replace due to a burned in the carpet in my son's room." Teacherf, You're in the wrong area for this question.

Burnt hardrive overload [ 1 Answers ]

My hardrive was replaced due to burnt hardrive overload now its fixed and we cannot retrieve our emails or send from msn messagener coud you please advise us on how we can do so thank you tazannehillier

Burning Rubber Smell Kenmore 90 Series Washer [ 1 Answers ]

A burning rubber smell is coming from the washer when it is running. This is the first time this washser has done this. Could it be a bad motor? How can I begin troubleshooting this? Specifically, it is a Kenmore 90 Series Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer with Quiet Pack, whatever that is......

Burnt  beef vegetable stew [ 1 Answers ]

I made a few gallons of beef stew. My cooking pot stuck to the stove element and now the stew has a burnt smell although none of the beef, potatoes or vegetables are burned. Help!! Carol :'( :'(

View more questions Search