Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Feb 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Assault based only on her word
    When I went to pick up my daughter on Sat. her monster(mother) freaked out when I told her to return a car I had let her borrow. Anyway she would not let me out of the house and continually bared the door by throwing herself against it (she is fat). So I pushed her out of the way and left with my daughter, now she is claiming that I assaulted her and have taken my child away, arrested me and put a restraining order against me even talking to my child. All this simply on her word, (she is a lier and a thief), no one ever asked me what happened or for my side. I intend to fight hard, but has anyone ever herd of treatment such as this? And do you think I can sue her for either defamation of defamation,
    Or for legal fees?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 07:31 PM
    I would say she asked the daughter, did he shove her, and daughter said yes.

But actually you should have called the police first, but since it happened, yes I guess they can and will
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 07:41 PM
    You have a few more issues to deal with, including that she called the police and filed the "assault" charges. Anyone can make a claim and file a charge - the time will come to prove and disprove what happened.

I imagine you have had time to think about how you should have handled this. When she was barring the door, you should have called the police and asked for assistance. The name calling is not needed, will not do anything for you.

How old is your daughter? Can she tell the difference between the truth and a lie? How is her relationship with her Mother? Will she agree to whatever Mom says?

I hope you have legal representation. This kind of incident happens often - far too often and the ones that get hurt the most are the children - stuck in the middle. What sad lessons adult teach them. Then we wonder why the children turn out the way they do sometimes?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Feb 27, 2007, 07:49 PM
    My daughter is only 4.
    I think the problem is that she has sores and bruises on her already,
    I don't know if it is because she has diabetes or that she is alcoholic and cocain addict,
    But anyway she picks at them and they bleed all the time. She is a train wreck, If I had called the police they would have just left her there. She doesn't take care of her and takes her to places to do drugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was accused of assault the other night [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys new here, just was wondering if anybody can help me. Last night I was at a club and someone got hit with a beer bottle. Anyway while I was there a officer at the night club brought me to a security room above the night club and said they were going to review video. I guess I fit the...

Assault [ 2 Answers ]

A guy at my work that no one likes except two managers threaten me then he shoved me in the face. Now it all started when I got into a confutation with the two managers that like this guy so much. They started the whole situation by aggrivating me, when one of the mangers said if I continue...

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search