Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmwp2000 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Shellfish such as shrimp is it good for you or not
    I heard that eating shrimp or any kind of shell fish is not good for you. Any thoughts on this because I thought eating shrimp would be good for you.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwp2000
    I heard that eating shrimp or any kind of shell fish is not good for you. Any thoughts on this because I thought eating shrimp would be good for you.
    There's a lot of bad talk about shellfish but a lot of it depends on how its prepared, boiled or steamed not fried or breaded, what you dip it in, butter is not the idea dipper. But Shrimp for instance increases HDL (good cholestrol) more than the LDL (bad cholestrol). Shrimp is very low in saturated fats and is a good source of protein and omega 3 fats as well as low in calories. The serving size or portion has a lot to do with it also, it is recommended that a portion is 3 oz. which has about 150-190 milligrams of sodium, it may not be sodium free but it's still less than 10% of the Daily Values (DV). (Some shrimp has high levels of mercury or contamination depending on where its coming from.) But I think it a good choice when cooked correctly and serving size is 3oz.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it over for good? [ 23 Answers ]

Met the most amazing through an unsolicited IM in 1999. We were in are early 20's. The IMing turned to phone conversations, and then meeting 5 months later. We fell in love so quickly. I moved from my home to where she lived at the beginning of 2000. In the summer of 2006, after some very...

Am I not good enough? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker here for days and decided to come clean with my own personal problems. I think that I'm a complex case so I hope you can deal with my lengthy post. Basically.. I've been living in isolation from just about everyone and everything for about four to five years...

Eating shrimp [ 5 Answers ]

How should you eat shrimp with tails on in public

Looking for the good in all: [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, How can we find the good in others? Does religion help us to be kinder to others? What do you thinK? Take care, Hope12

Northern shrimp (pandalus borealis) [ 2 Answers ]

Do northern shrimp visit the Maine Coast to lay eggs?

View more questions Search