Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    admiralsfan Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Cleaning Hardwood Floors
    I'm moving into an apartment that has hardwood floors in a couple of areas. I wanted to know what the best way to clean them. What chemicals to use, etc. Thank you for your assistance.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Some of the best things are the easiest things to find and use:

HFN:Understanding and Caring for Hardwood Floors

For an easy and cheap floor cleaning alternative try mixing 1/2 cup of white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm water. This method of using vinegar to clean hardwood floors is an easy and safe solution to keeping your floor looking it's best. Be cautious what you put on your wood surface as oils or furniture polish can make a floor very slippery.

Another alternative of utilizing vinegar to clean a hardwood floor is in products such as Murphy's oil soap. It works really well and gives a beautiful shine to wood surfaces. As far as longevity goes, nothing beats good ole preventative maintenance. Keep dirt off your floors and you'll have a beautiful shine for many years to come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing toilet over new hardwood floors - flange is now below floor level [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a bathroom and replaced carpet floors with hardwood. This now puts the toilet flange below the floor level. Is there a thicker or additional flange to bring the connection (with the toilet) level up 1/2 to 3/4 inches?

Hardwood Floors [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a Hardwood Floor over concrete ? I have done them over wood, but never over concrete and I am looking for any inout/experience on this matter. Thanks

Hardwood sizes for cabinets [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking into building my own cabinets for my bathroom and was interested in using cherry for the doors/facing. Does anyone know what the max width it typically comes in? I am going to call my local lumber yard but just figured I would ask here. My question arises because the sink cabinets...

Smell in my fridge after having my hardwood floors refinished [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my hardwood floors refinished throughout my house. I expected some odor when using the dryer initially however I did not expect the fridge to be affected. Everything in the refrigerator seems to have an odor... even stuff that is wrapped (like a loaf of bread from the freezor) its...

Installing 3/4 oak hardwood [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to install 3/4 oak hardwood in my kitchen. I have a laminate wood floating floor down now and just had new cabinets installed and there bigger then the old ones. The front of the cabinets sit on the floating floor. My problem is I can get the floating floor up because there's no...

View more questions Search