Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodmis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Order Required When Filing a Motion
    I went to file a MOTION TO QUASH THE SUMMONS AND VACATE JUDGMENT for a Default Judgment against myself. When I tried to file the Motion, I was told that the Judge would not take it unless I filed an Order.

My question is why does he want me to file an Order prior to the Hearing. My understanding is that the Order would be written after the Hearing is conducted.

All answers appreciated.

Thanks
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 06:43 PM
    ORDER

Upon consideration of the Motion to Quash the Summon and vacate the Judgment it is hereby ORDERED the Motion to Quash and Vacate the Judgment is hereby GRANTED as of this Date____________ .

Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Hello mis:

Judges don't write orders. They just sign the ones prepared for them.

excon
    goodmis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Just wondering.

Does the Judge want a pre-written Order so the other side will have a clear idea of what I want prior to conducting a Hearing?

If they don't object, they will already know what the ruling will be.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-resident H4, ITIN number, e-filing, jointly filing taxes with spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a couple of questions. My spouse is a resident (H1) and I'm on an H4 visa. I'm a non-resident based on the substantial presence test. When we file our taxes 1) Do I need to get a ITIN number before we file our joint taxes? How long would it take to get one? 2) Once I have the...

When is a permit required? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm located in Montgomery County, MD and am going to be doing some work in the basement. When is a permit required when working on plumbing? I plan on moving the shower drain and vent about a foot, and the toilet drain and vent about 4 inches. Do I even need a permit?

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

Cassette to cd.. help required [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in the process of recording all my audio cassettes onto PC for burning on to cd eventually. I have no problems in getting the sound on to the PC, but I am having problems in 'cleaning up' this sound before I burn on to cd. I have Cool Edit Pro and Roxio Creator 7. Is there anyone out...

Driver required [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks, Will any one help me getting driver for my pci multimedia audio device Which is named 82801db/dbl AC ' 97 audio controller , vendor intel corporation. I am using win 98 SE

View more questions Search