Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsgowriatyahoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
    6 year H1B clock reset?
    Here is my entry and exit details on L1B and H1B.
    Entry - Exit
    12/02/2006 - 02/02/2007 (on L1B for around 60 days)
    04/20/2007 - 07/30/2010 (on L1B for around 1200 days, L1B valid till April 2011)
    12/20/2011 - until now (on H1B. New H1B applied on Sep 2010 and petition approved on Jan 2011. Stamping done on Oct 2011 and valid till dec 2012)

Is my H1B 6 year clock reset? I know, for reset I need to be outside usa for one year. My question is, I applied H1B before one year period and the petition also approved before one year period. But I entered USA only after one year. Still am I eligible for 6year clock reset?

Check out some similar questions!

My clock and date are stuck in the year 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell PC and I cannot set the clock or the date to today's date and time. When I try I get a message stating that I am not authorized to make these changes, which is utterly ridiculous but I don't know how to get past it! Any help would be much appreciated.:confused: :) :) :p

Calendar Year or Fiscal Year for H1b Visa Holders? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would be going to the US on an H1B, accompanied with my wife and two kids (all on H4). Tax experts could you please answer the following doubts of mine: 1. For individuals on H1B, the only selection of tax year is a calendar tax year, right? 2. If I reach US somewhere on Oct 1 2007, I...

F1-H1B: whendoes the medicare/SSN tax clock start? [ 1 Answers ]

My OPT is valid till June 13,2006 and H1 has started Oct 1 2006.My employer is not taking out SSN and Medicare out of my check.Would I be liable for it at the end of year. What if I inform my employer and they still do not take it out,Would I still have to payit at the end of year. Do you...

F1-H1B: whendoes the medicare/SSN tax clock start? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on OPT that will expire June 2007. In the meantime, my H1B has been approved for Oct 2006 onwards. On OPT I don't have to pay extra taxes for Social Security and Medicare but I guess as H1B I will have to. Now let's assume I get my h1B stamped on Nov 25. 1. Am I right that up to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.