Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmichaelwiliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 11:24 AM
    How do to I find out if my deceased father had a 401K OR any retirement entitlements
    How do to I find out if my deceased father had a 401K. I don't have his place of work but I do have his ss#.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Have you been appointed his personal representative? Go to the IRS home page and find the form for ordereing an extract of his latest tax return. Fill out and file the form. The tax return should show where he worked.

Contact his place of work for the information you need.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 11:45 AM
    You go though all of his personal papers, you watch their mail for the next months, you review their checking accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find my deceased father's 401k money? [ 2 Answers ]

My father passed away October 4, 2010. My Aunt Susan his sister, has let me know that he had a 401k. My father has never paid child support, and was not there for me ever. My question to you is am I entitled to his 401k? I know his ssn# His name is also on my birth certicicate. If there is...

How to find out if there is any money from my deceased husbands 401k plan [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was murdered 2 years ago, He worked for Vista Paints for a few years then he was a Manager for Lowe's in Moreno Valley I know he had a 401K at both places. How do I find out if me or His two children are Intitled to that money?

How to find out if a will has been claimed for my deceased father [ 4 Answers ]

My father was left an hineretence from a good friend my father passed away in 1990 his friend come looking for him in 1995 but my only remain uncle has not spoke about the visit since I have a copy of this will and there is me and to brothers left how could we see if he claimed this will

Find my 401K retirement accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I rolled a 401K account over when I left a job at least 8 years ago. I thought the account was with JPMorgan Chase, but they can't find anything on file. I never added anything to the 401K so it is worth less then $1000. The statements were going to my moms, but she moved and didn't keep any...

View more questions Search