Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gene bautista Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Security of wireless router
    I re-installed my D-Link DIR-300 wirless router by just reconnecting the wires as they were before because I lost the "instruction disc". It is working fine but it became :"unsecured". How can I have the security back with a password? I am afraid other people are using my wi-fi that is why my computer is taking a long time to download.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
    You need to log onto your router and check the settings, ensuring your WiFi has some encryption enabled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing ro [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing routers and not changing plans

Making a security dvr wireless to my router [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to make my DVR wireless to connect to my router any suggestions?

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Security for wireless router [ 3 Answers ]

I am a novice with computers. I am getting a router because I am getting a new computer and keeping the old. Someone said I would need special security for the wireless router. What do I need to be safe?

Wireless Router Security [ 7 Answers ]

I have an unprotected dlink wireless router. Is there an easy way to set up a password that would block access by my neighbors?

View more questions Search