Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Member’s Words Of Wisdom
    I wonder if other members feel like I do sometimes -

Sad and a little overwhelmed at all the pain and confusion contained within these boards.

Do you feel like pouring every bit of knowledge and experience and wisdom you have out onto these pages in the hope that it may be of help to someone?

If so here’s your chance.

I have created this thread in the hope that you all will have some words of wisdom that you would like to contribute.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Don't count on anyone else to make you happy. The only person in the entire world that can make you happy is YOU.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:00 PM
    You get what you expect to get. Begin right now to expect the very best of everything that this world has to offer - and know that you deserve it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:01 PM
    I would hope that posters read and absorb what members respond to. Most of us respond from personal experience and/or work experience dealing with various situations. If we can positively affect one person's life, then I believe we are doing a good thing.

There are posters who just do not listen and we cannot be responsible for that. There are some who just do not even take the time to spend 60 seconds on Google to search their own topic, and for them, all they want is the instant answer anyway.

But there are those that genuinely ask for assistance because you can tell from their writing that they are going through something monumental. You just want to reach through the net and hug them. So many people out there looking for a safe, anonymous place to ask for help.

A bit of wisdom to pass on? "To thine ownself to be true". Do not let anyone else define who you are, what you believe or value, what you hold dear to your heart. Listen to your own intuition. If something smells wrong, it usually is. When you have to ask, "is this wrong" or "is he abusive", you already have your answer.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Not exactly my words of wisdom but words that have meant a lot...

Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
    I didn't worry whether my plants were poisonous.
    I never thought about immunizations.
    Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.
    Pooped on.
    Chewed on.
    Peed on.
    I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
    I slept all night.
    Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
    Or give shots.
    I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
    I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
    I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
    Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
    I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
    I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
    I never knew that I could love someone so much.
    I never knew I would love being a Mom.
    Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
    I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
    I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
    I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
    Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
    I had never known the warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
    I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:22 PM
    To be loved, you have to know how to love.

To be loved, you have to love yourself first.

Kindness is NOT weakness.

Listening is the fastest way to learning.

You are never ever alone. This journey we call life, we travel together. We may not share the same last name, we may not share the same blood type, we may not even share the same Country, but one thing for sure we do share, is the knowledge of what pain feels like, to hurt and to feel sad. To cry tears of sadness, over the loss of a relationship, a friendship, a marriage, a loved one passing. So don't ever ever feel you are all alone. Take comfort in knowing, that when you see people smiling, they once felt the same pain, the same hurt, and their smile is your proof, that you too, will make it through the pain and through all the hurt, and before long, your heart will be lifted. We only walk this way once, but we never walk it alone.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Oh shygrneyza, That was my Father's favorite song. I just got a chill. He must be either up to something, or just reminding me he loves me :) Thank you shygrneyzs for the memory of that beautiful song.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Heart,

Had to spread it...

I have a file folder so thick and heavy I could use it for weightlifting exercises - I just added the above to it. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Those words were sent to me when millie was in the prem baby unit and have stayed with me ever since it had to be the hardest 3 months of our lives but I look at her now and it's a distant memory and I realise just how lucky I am to have her.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:54 PM
    I don't think it is possible Laura, for a little girl to be any cuter. You could just squuuueeeze Her :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    I don't think it is possible Laura, for a little girl to be any cuter. You could just squuuueeeze Her :)

She is our world there is no doubt about that and yeah there are times I think heck what am I doing but it never lasts long she has taken her first un aided steps this past weekend she never stops amazing me and making me chuckle
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
    curlybenswife,

I brought up 3 'ankle biters/rug rats', hard work but worth every second.

Best wishes to you and yours.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
    The key to real independence lies in knowing that at every moment in every instance you are creating your own reality from the thoughts you entertain. The more you acknowledge this the more power and freedom you will experience. And instead of blaming others or society for the things that go wrong in your life you now realise you are creating your own reality and therefore have the power to change it any time by any degree.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Know your motive for inviting in
    The guests you entertain
    And how you make the choice to keep
    The thoughts that crowd your brain
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Feb 27, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Not mine but it's a quote that has been stuck in my mind since I read it years ago
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 03:01 AM
    My favourite has to be if you love someone set them free... its so true in many that I read
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 05:28 AM
    View life as a series of movie frames, the ending and meaning may not be apparent until the very end of the movie, and yet, each of the hundreds of individual frames has meaning within the context of the whole movie. View your life from your funeral, looking back at your life experiences, what have you accomplished? What would you have wanted to accomplish but didn't? What were the happy moments? What were the sad? What would you do again, and what would you change?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:05 AM
    So many wonderful and inspirational messages have been posted here. It would be nice if people would take the time to read through this before posting their questions. Unfortunately, when it comes to their problems, they only want someone to focus on them. They are not patient enough to look around the website and get the lay of the land. I am guilty of that too. So, if I could give out any advice or words of wisdom here, I would say quite a lot, BUT, I will limit this to one thing for now:

If you are having a major crisis in your life, whatever it may be, DO NOT expect it to be magically resolved because you have chosen to post on a forum that is free of charge. Yoda does not reside here.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 28, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Wow, many excellent sentiments here. I would add only this:

The only way in with people is Love.
    The only way out of trouble is Truth.
    What we do matters and we are all connected, like it or not.
    If we manage the details well, nothing is ever too big for us.
    The bravest thing anyone can ever do is heal thyself.
    And lastly, the most important in all of life is to raise a child.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Have a Life Plan. ~ Without a plan for your life, it is easier to follow the course of least resistance, to go with the flow, to drift with the current with no particular destination in mind. Having a definite plan for your life greatly simplifies the process of making hundreds of daily decisions that affect your ultimate success. When you know where you want to go, you can quickly decide if your actions are moving you toward your goal or away from it. Without definite, precise goals and a plan for their achievement, each decision must be considered in a vacuum. Definiteness of purpose provides context and allows you to relate specific actions to your overall plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. [ 6 Answers ]

K I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago and I'm still in pain and I'm still swollen. 1 of my stitches fell out today and I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm like totally freaking out. Am I allowed to smoke? I have been and I'm very worried if I'm going to get an infection. Can...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Words of wisdom... [ 4 Answers ]

When I was 15yrs in 1999, a song was release called 'Sunscreen'. At the time it did not really mean much to me or have much of an impact. I heard it for the first time since 1999 last night and the words had so much of an impact on me I just had to share it with you guys. It bought tears to my...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search